Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen-SS Patch?

Article about: The chevron doesn't look like a Heer green-backed one. In fact, there's no green at all. It's just some feldgrau background or a chunk of uniform. Whatever it is it looks real.

Default Waffen-SS Patch?

Waffen-SS Patch?

Waffen-SS Patch?

The chevron doesn't look like a Heer green-backed one. In fact, there's no green at all. It's just some feldgrau background or a chunk of uniform.

Whatever it is it looks real.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS Patch?
    P
    Many

Two really worn Heer insignia. A heavily used mountain troop Edelweiss and standard Gefreiter rank insignia. The Waffen SS Edelweiss is of a different design. NH

?

If the Edelweiss was black is would be SS also the SS Edelweiss's do not have the lines surrounding them it is just the flower. These ones you have posted are real but not SS

But I thought the Heer used some dark green on the chevron....

Here is an SS GJ patch

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS Patch?   Waffen-SS Patch?  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The guys have given you sound advice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I was just talking about the chevron, guys. I thought the solid chevron color with no green and no XXXXXXX pattern up the faces of it was SS. Was it for a special tunic like HBT or something? I don't remember them looking like this.

Waffen SS rank chevrons are black, not field grey.

The one shown here is Heer, but an older Reichswehr era example which has different silver rank tresse.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade is correct

Here are my Waffen SS chevrons

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen-SS Patch?  Waffen-SS Patch? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I used to have one like on the bottom but I sold it. *Sigh* Bad idea. Thanks everyone.