Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen SS Printed Armband?

Article about: Here is the item listed on Gunbroker. Waffen SS Nazi Armband - Printed Cloth w/ Stamp : WW1 & WW2 Collectibles at GunBroker.com

Default Waffen SS Printed Armband?

Wondering if printed variants ever existed of the yellow waffen SS armband or were they only Bevo? Please see below.

Waffen SS Printed Armband?Waffen SS Printed Armband?Waffen SS Printed Armband?
    Last edited by deltaspecialforce; 02-23-2014 at 05:54 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Printed Armband?
    P
    Many

?

I'm not an expert but why it would be a stamp on it?

I'm no expert either but I do know that many original armbands are stamped in a similar fashion. Fake armbands are often stamped to make them look real, though.

I think that's a stinker.

I agree with FB. A 4th Reich special with a bogus ink stamp added for "reality." One of the curious things about period applied ink stamps is you can never read all of the letters. The fakers always make their stamps 100% legible. A fake fantasy design piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Well said by our pillar of knowledge whose more than a half century of experience is the bed rock of this site.

Agreed.

Only ever buy a machine embroidered example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks everyone. I messed up on this one and paid $40 at an auction. Passed black light and cotton looked correct to my amateur eye. It wasn't until I had more time to research that I found out there are no known printed versions of the Waffen SS armband, not to mention the fake stamp.

a lesson learned delta.we have all been there.

Sad to see this Reproduction armband being resold on another auction site (Gunbroker) by the member. Buy now 179.99. Bids already at 51.99.Feel sorry for the person that buys it. Repo Teno armband up for sale also.

Contacted the member about it he said that he didn't say it was original. Sad.

Here is the link to the item on Gunbroker.

Waffen SS Nazi Armband - Printed Cloth w/ Stamp : WW1 & WW2 Collectibles at GunBroker.com

Rick

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast