Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen SS Printed Armband?

Article about: Here is the item listed on Gunbroker. Waffen SS Nazi Armband - Printed Cloth w/ Stamp : WW1 & WW2 Collectibles at GunBroker.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Printed Armband?
    P
    Many

Thank you, Rick. I don't have to justify myself but the listing does not claim that the armbands are original and the listing clearly states that they are sold as-is and to bid accordingly.

I have provided very accurate and descriptive photos and titles which clearly worked since you found this thread. Anyone with any common sense can do a quick Internet search to determine the authenticity or get opinions of any of my items.

While I value the opinions and generous help from many here on the forum, I've had collectors that I know personally and respect that have authenticated this particular armband. I'm not saying they are right, but there are conflicting opinions on this one. That's why I want it out of my collection.

?

Quote by deltaspecialforce View Post
    Thank you, Rick. I don't have to justify myself but the listing does not claim that the armbands are original and the listing clearly states that they are sold as-is and to bid accordingly.

I have provided very accurate and descriptive photos and titles which clearly worked since you found this thread. Anyone with any common sense can do a quick Internet search to determine the authenticity or get opinions of any of my items.

While I value the opinions and generous help from many here on the forum, I've had collectors that I know personally and respect that have authenticated this particular armband. I'm not saying they are right, but there are conflicting opinions on this one. That's why I want it out of my collection.
    The fact that the buyer hasn't done their research doesn't make it alright for you to rip them off, which you are clearly doing. I agree that they should do their research, but that doesn't make your chicanery acceptable.

I suggest that deltaspecialforce be expelled from the forum for deceitful business practices.

How about this... I will update the listing to state that these have been reported as reproductions. However, I do not and will not accept the accusation that I'm ripping anyone off. Like I said before, I've had collectors tell me the armbands real and some here say its not. I really couldn't care less about the measly $50. I didn't realize that this was such a big deal. I value my membership here much more than a stupid online auction.

?

Quote by deltaspecialforce View Post
    How about this... I will update the listing to state that these have been reported as reproductions. However, I do not and will not accept the accusation that I'm ripping anyone off. Like I said before, I've had collectors tell me the armbands real and some here say its not. I really couldn't care less about the measly $50. I didn't realize that this was such a big deal. I value my membership here much more than a stupid online auction.
    In my opinion, it is absolutely essential to indicate that there is doubt about the authenticity of any questionable item listed for sale if the seller wishes to be considered an honest businessman. If you wouldn't be just as quick to say "it's in doubt" as you would "it's 100% original," then you are being deceptive.

Point taken. I updated the listings. Everyone can keep calm and move on with their lives.

I think members should hold themselves to a higher standard. When I started collecting a few years ago I had no idea how many fake items were out there. I made quite a few mistakes until I found this web site and a few others. I was lucky and got most of my money back from bad purchases.

I am thankful for the members who take the time to give their opinions and advice.

Rick

In my 55+ years of collecting, I have been burnt more times that I want to remember. There is a question of character when one opts to pass their mistake along rather than destroy it and take the hit. I must agree with those who stated their concerns which forced you to change your listing. That form of behavior is not what we wish to have at this Forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

As to the HJ Leaders buckle (RZM M4/116) the consensus is that these are all fakes made within the last 10 years. A simple internet search reveals as much.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by groserm View Post
    I think members should hold themselves to a higher standard. When I started collecting a few years ago I had no idea how many fake items were out there. I made quite a few mistakes until I found this web site and a few others. I was lucky and got most of my money back from bad purchases.

I am thankful for the members who take the time to give their opinions and advice.

Rick
    Having found the opinions and advice given by members both informative and money saving, have you considered becoming a paid up member for at least the $25 that this time and advice has probably saved you? Just a thought?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast