Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen SS sleeve eagle

Article about: Hey guys! Im new to this fourm, this is my first post. I bought this off of a very reliable military dealer in town who has a \\$40,000 collection!!! He had no clue if it was a repro or not, h

Default Waffen SS sleeve eagle

Hey guys!
    Im new to this fourm, this is my first post. I bought this off of a very reliable military dealer in town who has a $40,000 collection!!! He had no clue if it was a repro or not, he got it in a lot of SS stuff that all checked out authentic. I went home and did my research and seen examples that appear identical (stitching was the same) then I did a black light test as new materials would be chemically treated in a way it would glow, it did not glow (thats good). My question to you is... Do you believe in its authenticity? Whats the value? and your overall thoughts on the piece?
    thanks so much!!!
    BeauWaffen SS sleeve eagleWaffen SS sleeve eagle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS sleeve eagle
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum!

This is an old reproduction from the 1970's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

do you mind me asking how you know? at least I only paid $5 for it!

If you use the search button up here you will see the clear differences between originals and this fake.

Quote by BeauHarper View Post
    Study of genuine examples and also reproductions is how knowledge is gained. Knowlege is gained ovetr time and not over night.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BeauHarper View Post
    All new members are welcome. New members become successful members here through mutual aid but also self help for which there are no short cuts.

Persons with decades and decades of invaluable experience have aided you.

?

not even a good reproduction either

And black light 'tests' are meaningless in determining authenticity.

thanks guys for the info! I just did a quick check on the piece and I had a moment I thought I scored big.. guess not oh well, now I will be able to properly inform the future owners. Thanks a ton for sharing your wisdom. Im just starting to collect as im a 15 year old history buff. appreciate your patience with me!
    Beau

I was a fifteen year history buff in the year 1968, and had started as a ten year old history buff ca. 1963. Today I am a 62 year old history buff de luxe.

The best thing you can do is read the sticky posts here in the SS portion.

And, despite this being the year 2014, read some of the introductory books on the SS and German history in the 20th century.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast