Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this Waffen SS soldier wearing a temporary rank on his epaulettes?

Article about: Just like to share a couple of photo's in my collection of the same Waffen SS wounded soldier. I was wondering about his epaulettes. Temporary rank? It's hard to see because of the camera fl

Default Is this Waffen SS soldier wearing a temporary rank on his epaulettes?

Just like to share a couple of photo's in my collection of the same Waffen SS wounded soldier. I was wondering about his epaulettes. Temporary rank? It's hard to see because of the camera flash but I guess that would be a Silver Wound Badge on his tunic? Thanks

Is this Waffen SS soldier wearing a temporary rank on his epaulettes?Is this Waffen SS soldier wearing a temporary rank on his epaulettes?

Looks kinda like Tom Cruise
    Is this Waffen SS soldier wearing a temporary rank on his epaulettes?Is this Waffen SS soldier wearing a temporary rank on his epaulettes?
    Last edited by yarmouth; 05-15-2014 at 12:26 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Waffen SS soldier wearing a temporary rank on his epaulettes?
    P
    Many

?

Gives a new meaning for the old saying " I'll keep an eye out for you."

The double Tresse loops in the first photograph identify him as an officer candidate. (A single loop would mean NCO candidate.)

Thank you! This might sound like a dumb question but here it goes lol...Would a Waffen SS soldier still be put into combat?

?

Pirate candidate, pending transfer to the KM.

You sure it's the same guy? Eyes, ear, mouth, chin, jacket, eye-patch all look different to me.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    You sure it's the same guy? EYES, ear, mouth, chin, jacket, eye-patch all look different to me.
    I knew ittttttttttttttt!!! You guys need to see the eye doctor lol. That WAS Heydrich in the other photo I posted. I'm gonna put it up on Ebay for a million dollars right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got a question for you Glenn66. How can you see both his eyes if he's wearing a patch over one of them lol...I'm just teasing
    Last edited by yarmouth; 05-15-2014 at 12:01 AM.

I wonder if his eye patch has an official SS RZM tag lol...

I must ask - have you 'retouched' these photos or
    manipulated them in some way ? They look grainy
    and too dark, I'm thinking they are reprints.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

i would advice OP to invest in some books, it could be a great tool for the future...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast