MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waffen SS Totenkopf

Article about: by Totenhead Nice looking ladies, especially Zarah Leander, I am sure they would have been endeared by your caps !!! Prost ! Well, yes, you are quite right. Both Leander and Roekk later asse

Default Re: Waffen SS Totenkopf

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Nice looking ladies, especially Zarah Leander, I am sure they would have been endeared by your caps !!! Prost !
    Well, yes, you are quite right. Both Leander and Roekk later asserted that they had nothing to do with the regime, but such was not really true. I am very fond of Marlene Dietrich, too, and she was a woman of huge courage, to boot. Until You Tube came along, though, I did not know so much of Leander and Roekk, but they are very compelling in their own right and imbued also of gifts.
    I am very interested in films of the era.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Totenkopf
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Well, yes, you are quite right. Both Leander and Roekk later asserted that they had nothing to do with the regime, but such was not really true. I am very fond of Marlene Dietrich, too, and she was a woman of huge courage, to boot. Until You Tube came along, though, I did not know so much of Leander and Roekk, but they are very compelling in their own right and imbued also of gifts.
    I am very interested in films of the era.
    Of gifts???

Maybe start another thread, its interesting !!

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    I can appreciate that, will start studying up on them. I'm only 21, so plenty time to learn and no doubt plenty time to make some mistakes in
    Do be very careful, though, as the death's head badge for the cap is a total minefield and the fakes are improving steadily with the pictures we offer.

You have to examine real things with the naked eye, and even live with them on caps, so you grow used to how they look in different light.

There are those who study these like objects under a microscope.

The Deschler ones, especially, though, were made by craftsmen of a very special skill and are poorly faked to perfection.

Waffen SS TotenkopfWaffen SS Totenkopf
    Of gifts???

Maybe start another thread, its interesting !!
    Gifts of beauty and gifts of song and dance, especially. Roekk was a dancer of extraordinary skill, and Leander's voice and beauty were remarkable. Don't take my word for it, look in You Tube. It is all there and then some.

Gifts of beauty and gifts of song and dance, especially. Roekk was a dancer of extraordinary skill, and Leander's voice and beauty were remarkable. Don't take my word for it, look in You Tube. It is all there and then some.
    Sorry, I do not know your age or nationality; I thought you may have had a personal connection

Sorry, I do not know your age or nationality; I thought you may have had a personal connection
    No, no such luck, though I am surely old, and our lives overlapped a little, but I have only lately discovered them. You should do so, too.

I have spent a lot of time in my life in Berlin and Vienna, and elsewhere along the Danube. Leander was Swedish and Roekk was Hungarian.
    Odd how Dietrich, who was Prussian and German as could be became the dissident, and these two European women became the darlings of Goebbels and his film industry.

Waffen SS Totenkopf My self portrait at a time of trouble with the U.S. Constabulary.....that's me on the right. It's how I know so much about foetid woolens. I look rather foetid here, myself.

The one originaly posted is original as said, compare..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Totenkopf  

Mr. Carlsson has posted many, many clear images of these items. Do look at his other posts.

Waffen SS Totenkopf My self portrait at a time of trouble with the U.S. Constabulary.....that's me on the right. It's how I know so much about foetid woolens. I look rather foetid here, myself.
    Thats you FB ???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast