Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS Totenkopf Patch Updated!

Article about: I posted this one up earlier asking for opinions on it. Since then two leading Third Reich memorabilia dealers have had a look at it and are more than happy that its an ORIGINAL and period i

Default Waffen SS Totenkopf Patch Updated!

I posted this one up earlier asking for opinions on it. Since then two leading Third Reich memorabilia dealers have had a look at it and are more than happy that its an ORIGINAL and period item. In their opinion its either an unfinnished example or was one taken from a damaged and/or discarded uniform after WW2 and had its backing removed. I had feeling that this one was perfectly cosher as it was obviously sent to the WW2 ATS girl by one of the six male admirers she had serving in both the RAF and the Army. Sadly it was in a rather tatty envelope without a letter with it and there are no references to it in any of the other letters. It was obviously set to her as some kind of souvenir and one wonders what its story was?? I dont think she would have been very enthralled with such an infamous and sinister item but you never know. Regards, Tim.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Totenkopf Patch Updated!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen SS Totenkopf Patch Updated!

It is not something I would place in my collection. It does not match, or even come close to an original skull insignia. Finding it on a camoflag material is even more bizarre.

Bob Hritz

man what a story,,,pure bunk i would venture,,,what Bob said,,,

Quote by militarymania View Post
    man what a story,,,pure bunk i would venture,,,what Bob said,,,
    With no other explanation for it being found where it was, im happy with the two experts opinions, these guys have handled thousands of these things over the last 25 years and are respected and leading names in the business of Third Reich original collectables. Its not worth much and i didnt pay extra for it as it was amongst other items and i dont think the seller knew it was there, but im happy to hang on to it so no problem really.

I agree totally with Bob, and stand by my first post. It is not a construction that I have ever come across, therefore, it would be one I would not want to own. I am pretty sure that your "experts" would snap your arm off for a lot of $$$ if they actually believed it to be a rare variation. There is, as we all know, no such thing as "textbook" but getting close to that is often good enough for most people. however, if you are happy with it, then that is a good thing, but try not to persuade others that it is ok. I'm afraid you won't get the response that you would want to hear

Incidently, would you like to name your experts? I'm sure they would not mind

Best

Quote by Falschirmjager View Post
    With no other explanation for it being found where it was, im happy with the two experts opinions, these guys have handled thousands of these things over the last 25 years and are respected and leading names in the business of Third Reich original collectables. Its not worth much and i didnt pay extra for it as it was amongst other items and i dont think the seller knew it was there, but im happy to hang on to it so no problem really.
    Glad your happy with it! Personally I would listen to the comments posted above. Would love to know who the Experts are mate

?

I didn't see the original materials used on this Paki fake. Don't forgrt guys - the WRF is very watchhable fro Pakistan too, and the fakers collect all the good information, and not even frof us...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I agree totally with Bob, and stand by my first post. It is not a construction that I have ever come across, therefore, it would be one I would not want to own. I am pretty sure that your "experts" would snap your arm off for a lot of $$$ if they actually believed it to be a rare variation. There is, as we all know, no such thing as "textbook" but getting close to that is often good enough for most people. however, if you are happy with it, then that is a good thing, but try not to persuade others that it is ok. I'm afraid you won't get the response that you would want to hear

Incidently, would you like to name your experts? I'm sure they would not mind

Best
    I am not trying to pursuade anyone to do anything-simply trying to find an explanation for a rather unusual item, if its rubbish i dont really mind as its part of a large ATS girls collection and will stay as part of it. As for the expert opinions one came from a chap named Dr Ronald Bunn from Worcestershire who has collected Third Reich for over 25 years and is a leading UK private collector and dealer up until three years ago. His collection is like nothing on earth simply amazing! Also Jamie Cross looked it over for me and just suggested that in his opinion it was period and an unfinnished product. No malice or argument intended, just really puzzled by it. Who knows it may have been one someone made up at the time, i would love to know but will have to leave it open. The ATS set was really an on the side buy as my main subject is ordnance. It was just one of those eye catching collections of wartime ephemera that i couldnt refuse. Regards, Tim.

i believe that 99.8% of the collectors/dealers would not buy this item-thinking it was original...there is no known example of this style in any book, or collection,other than yours,,,it is interesting,but that is all,,,not original,never will be,,,

Quote by militarymania View Post
    i believe that 99.8% of the collectors/dealers would not buy this item-thinking it was original...there is no known example of this style in any book, or collection,other than yours,,,it is interesting,but that is all,,,not original,never will be,,,
    Sure is interesting if nothing else!