Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Waffen SS tunic, and breeches for viewing...

Article about: I played around with the colour/saturation on a couple of photos. On the full length photos you can definitely see a shadow of an eagle. On the close up photo of the breast pocket you can on

?

Default Re: Waffen SS tunic, and breeches for viewing...

I played around with the colour/saturation on a couple of photos. On the full length photos you can definitely see a shadow of an eagle. On the close up photo of the breast pocket you can only see a possible head, body and swastka wreath shape, no wings. Has the seller twigged what Brian wants to see and photoshopped the image? The whole shadow couldn't be eradicated as there is a spot on the tunic in that area which is an obvious point of reference.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS tunic, and breeches for viewing...   Waffen SS tunic, and breeches for viewing...  

Waffen SS tunic, and breeches for viewing...  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS tunic, and breeches for viewing...
    P
    Many

Hello all,
    I'm sorry to say but I'm sure that the collar tabs are fake. Bullion wire diameter
    is far too thick around the outer borders of tabs.
    The sleeve eagle is also a reproduction. Bad upper legs sewn in wrong diagonals.
    The ghost of an army breast eagle can be seen.
    The shoulder boards are also Heer not i think SS issue.
    There are many places on the internet and refernce books to consult to confirm these observations.
    Regards,
    Wolfslair

Sorry to hear the tunic is a put together, but good that there are those here that can spot such things, insignia/buttons right away and save you a lot of money. Over the years I've noticed that there seems to be an unusual number of tunics of this "italian grade" officers material that one sees pop up as SS officers tunics. I've seen many good Heer tunics in it, both officer and em, and they are desirable tunics in their own right.
    About 20 years ago, a collector I knew very well, who collected more or less blindly, had one just like this, however, with his, the former army eagle was so obvious, I was at a loss how he did not pick up on it, it was literally like a light that went off and the first thing that your eyes picked up on when looking at it. Sadly, here is another one. Why the fakers choose this material to pass off many officers tunics, I dont know.

Regardless i told the seller i would pass on this set.

Thanks to everyone, very much appreciated.

This is why i post pics of items in here, before i buy them.

Brian

?

Great photoshop work.

SS buttons should have the runes in circles, not diamonds. Here's a clearer view of bad version.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS tunic, and breeches for viewing...  

I like what Adrian did with the color saturation. I can see it plain as day. I ran into this site that does something similar with images, but I couldnt get it to work. Maybe one of you more savvy folks out there can figure it out. Image Forensics : Error Level Analysis Regards, Ray.

?

In any way- this tunic is a late war private purchased item, and cannot have SS RZM contract buttons, which could be applied by the RZM authority factories. In that case the tunic must be well labeled and in standard pattern, like the early SS-Dienstbluse etc
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

TOO BAD,,,i had to "unfocus" my eyes to see the ghost of the army eagle,but it is definitely there,,,BOO HOO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3