Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

waffen ss tunic dodgy at best

Article about: I would have one concern about using regular straight pins if there is any kind of moisture / humidity in the air it may leave a little dark mark and or rust staining were the pins are expos

Default Re: waffen ss tunic dodgy at best

Sorry need to clarify something. I didnt proof read my statement before I sent it and it sounds like I am saying that the pipets on the Shoulder board should be black in color. I meant the shoulder board itself of the SS and of the officer rank of Sturmbannfuher in the Waffen SS should be black for the lower half and white on top if your talking about an Infantry Officer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best
    P
    Many

the bottom of the board is black

Well, aside from whether or not the shoulder boards are black underneath, they dont attach to the uniform as displayed. You can tell that whoever put these shoulder boards on slipped it over the button, thereby stretching the material of the shoulder board. They are sewn on with a real tunic and they dont have ribbing that is so thick and the rounding of the boards is too pronounced in your example, so all of this together just yells fake. You can tell its an east german uniform because you can tell right away that this tunic is a polyester blend, the color is not correct and the stitching all over it is so bad, that a enlisted SS tunic of Sturmann would be of higher quality stitching then this. Plus you dont see white thread being used to stitch the colored colllar pad on. You can actually see in your photo where someone attempted to remove whatever shoulder board was there and then crudely re-attached these fake boards to the tunic. I dont think that there is anything re-deeming about this but you can wait for someone else to make a observation of it. It would make a nice reproduction piece for those who do that but aside fromt that, there isnt much there. You might also take some photos of the inside. I would love to see what liner it has.

thanks for your input would like to hear some more about this been a east german tunic has any one got more thoughts on that please.

i can not find a east german tunic looking like this . any one have a photo of one like this that east german

Go to any of the well known reproduction houses for nazi stuff and you will find what I am talking about....check this out..WW2 Militaria, WW2 Uniforms For Sale at WW2SALE.COM
    There are so many. Polyester was not part of the German uniforms. Its plain and simple. You have what you have and I hope you didnt pay too much for it? Also, I said if you supplied photos of the inside of the tunic, it would let me see what the liner looks like.

thanks its made of tricot not polyester this tunic is not mine but i can tell you it has all the right sowing wear and is of a high quality , and the sleeves are a cotton / rayon lining and i have had a look on that site and this is nothing like them . i am already of the mind this is a put together but a east german i dont think

Think what you would like. Your entitled to that. I meerly gave that website to you as an example of what is being reproduced out there. It is an east german police or army tunic as I said, but without seeing the lining I couldnt tell you which east german organization it belongs to.

This is the only other photo i have you can see the lining in the back this is all the way , by all means this is what its about thats why i would like to see some photos of east german tunics like this as i can not find any , to have a look at
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best  

last one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best  

well i just done a quick look on e bay and around the net and i can say right now this is no were any thing like the east german tunics at all , but i am here to be shown other wise as well so please can some one show me a photo of one like this . would be a great help

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast