Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

waffen ss tunic dodgy at best

Article about: I would have one concern about using regular straight pins if there is any kind of moisture / humidity in the air it may leave a little dark mark and or rust staining were the pins are expos

Default Re: waffen ss tunic dodgy at best

Why start a thread announcing a tunic is dodgy at best and then commence arguing for authenticity?

And why not show photos of the interior as requested? Wouldn't you like to know once and for all for yourself?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best
    P
    Many

Quote by hawkins View Post
    last one
    doom slopy i dont think so these are spot on made

please read what i said its not mine i forgot to get a inside shot i have pointed out you see what lining is in a photo i have put up, that;s right it was looking dodgy at first to me .. that"s why i put up , yet more info i have found and even put photos up , arguing ???? is this forum not about putting things up and come to some sort of undstanding , well since you have come in could you please show a east german tunic made like this , or give some photos and in put about forgein insignia or better yet show me please a ss tunic

?

Last edited by Eddie; 07-24-2012 at 12:41 AM.

if some can have a read i ant saying wright or wrong just getting info and trying to puttogeather thats what its about Vlaanderen...land of beauty - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Dude, how could you fit another award under that EK1? (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...t-h2170013.jpg) By sloppy, I mean the shoulder boards are coming out, and the insignia is REALLY poorly applied for an elite, if not THE elite unit of Nazi Germany! That poor kid would have been shot for putting that cuff title and those shoulder boards on like that! It's a put together for sure, but I should retract my earlier statement about polyester, I just have no idea what this tunic was, but there's no way that an original LAH tunic looked like this!
    yes thats right i had all the same thoughts as you at first , the way the boards are put in but it would not be the first tunic to have boards coming out , look its about Breaking the tuinc down for what it is or not is , at first i thought like you and the insignia , yet a hell of a lot of people say its what i thought it was foreign made but i was not 100% sure , so do you think the photos of the insignia i put up are all fake ?? as well. as for sowing there are hundreads of photos showing bad sowing , ha i ant saying yes this is 100% right i am saying it's about breaking it down . you know it crossed my mind a officer in the lah would have all the bells and whistles. but what i find now is people saying the insignia is fine and even showing photos of what they have , if some would like to take the time to read the link i posted

?

Edit:
    I should be super careful about what I say about this tunic, as I collect Heer tunics mostly, but I get a bad feeling about the insignia and it looks like a pieced together tunic to me. I hope that something on here is real so that it's not a total loss for your buddy. I'm sorry if I got a bit "shouty" at you, I mistook your intentions at first. I just get frustrated seeing people come on this forum with a dodgy or bad item and just argue with and harass the people who are just trying to help them for like 10 pages without taking on anything that people try and tell them. I'm out of my depth on SS stuff, so I shouldn't say more, but the fussy craftsmanship for an organization that would have made your trace your ancestors back for centuries? It's 100% not there for me.
    Last edited by Eddie; 07-24-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Compare the top of your cuff title(https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...t-h2170002.jpg)
    with the top of the cuff title in this thread that you provided (Vlaanderen...land of beauty - Page 109 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums) even a distressed, worn cuff isn't as bad looking as the one on the jacket that you are showing, because the one on your friends jacket is made of plastic. It's loose and doesn't sit right because it's probably plastic or something.
    can you please post it i seem to have missed it all so when you run your finger over the cuff it's soft like silk not a plastic feel Help with cuff title.. - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums what about the tabs then they are 100% the same as shown buy others

thats right and i am the first to say i dont know a lot about foreign insignia but seems there saying there is no way the ss used foreign insignia in the lah well that is out right wrong ....

this statement is taken out of context. Most of what was made for the SS was made in Ravensbrook and Dachau among other KC's. If you were an enlisted member of the Waffen SS, then you might have even been issued a re-furbsihed Heer Tunic. It depends on the years we are talking about and the units. The 1st SS , LSSAH cuff titles were NOT foreign made. They were manufactured early on in the formation of the unit under Sepp Dietrich in Leipzig, Germany. With regards to this tunic, being that the insignia shown is of an officer rank, especially at the rank of Sturmbannfuher, most of the higher officer ranks had their insignia privately made or drawn from a RZM approved vendor like Schumer. The insignia was not polyester as is this insignia is obviously so, as well as the cuff title and the Tunic itself. This is my last comment on this because I think enough has been said on the subject. Its clear that this guy who claims that this tunic is not even his, so for what purpose he posted it here I have no clue other then to gain opinions on the Tunic. He has certainly gotten plenty of opinions and whether or not you choose to ignore or apply these opinions is entirely up to you.
    Good Luck

Quote by hawkins View Post
    if some can have a read i ant saying wright or wrong just getting info and trying to puttogeather thats what its about Vlaanderen...land of beauty - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Hawkins, with all due respect I am not prepared to read a 109 page, 1621 post thread in order to gain some case for or against your tunic. If you have specific images or posts that you feel are relevant, please post the image or copy the post here.

You say this tunic is not yours so can I therefore deduct that it is for sale? If so, what is the asking price? That may also provide a clue to the authenticity argument.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast