Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

waffen ss tunic dodgy at best

Article about: I would have one concern about using regular straight pins if there is any kind of moisture / humidity in the air it may leave a little dark mark and or rust staining were the pins are expos

Default Re: waffen ss tunic dodgy at best

Just a qustion what puzzled me at first was the title not been officer embroidery .... yet the rest was i put it down to becoming late 43 on all so i have seen photos but just cant think were and could not find a close up in my books

sorry found what i was looking for
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best
    P
    Many

just looking for more reserch and came across this group on a flimish site ,

- - Updated - -

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best  
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Don't worry you have a good one there....well done. (By the way its me John Pic) so thanks for sharing the pics and all.

Quote by Magwa7 View Post
    Don't worry you have a good one there....well done. (By the way its me John Pic) so thanks for sharing the pics and all.
    yes i know john just did not want to say your name with out you saying it was ok , like i said i mean every word i said ,, when it comes to waffin tunics you have been to hell and back and put the fear of god and truth in to me , you know me ,(wink wink) , i have learnt a lot from you over time even when we have afew words . but not many

thats why i have never even lookd for one but my god even thinking i would get one on top of that ,

for got to say and the dealers just love you
    Last edited by hawkins; 07-26-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Quote by hawkins View Post
    qq
    just of note you will see in the photo the top of piping has worn as worn with time as the color it self has gone off color comparid to the rest of the piping and worn with the top of the collar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best   waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best  

waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best  

Thumbs up Hawkin's new tunic . . .

Hello Hawkins,

I too like the looks of your tunic . . . . and think you have something very nice.

The struggle was hard, but the fruits of your labor are undoubtedly sweet!

N.C.

Default Re: Hawkin's new tunic . . .

Could some please give me some info on the award loops .. There is one set of the loops for holding the bar .. yet beside it there is a single one that has been placed just below off to the side , thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best   waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best  

waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best  
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you notice, there are 5 horizontal loops in all with the 2 outer loops being a different colour from the other 3, so it looks like your officer earned more awards and so the loops were extended to encompass the larger ribbon bar.
    Or, if the officer wore the Ek2 and Russian front ribbons on the second button hole of the tunic,according to regulations, he was not supposed to wear these on the ribbon bar, which would then mean that he could have worn a shorter bar for everyday wear.
    Or the outside loops may be for the full parade medal bar when the decorations were worn too, not just the ribbons.

I think that the fact that the left outside loop looks off centre but this may not be the case as it would have been tailored so that it would allow the bar to "hang" correctly when worn.
    If you have a suitable mannequin, and a ribbon bar which is long enough you can always test my reply to see if it hangs properly or not?

Very nice tunic.Enjoy!!

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    If you notice, there are 5 horizontal loops in all with the 2 outer loops being a different colour from the other 3, so it looks like your officer earned more awards and so the loops were extended to encompass the larger ribbon bar.
    Or, if the officer wore the Ek2 and Russian front ribbons on the second button hole of the tunic,according to regulations, he was not supposed to wear these on the ribbon bar, which would then mean that he could have worn a shorter bar for everyday wear.
    Or the outside loops may be for the full parade medal bar when the decorations were worn too, not just the ribbons.

I think that the fact that the left outside loop looks off centre but this may not be the case as it would have been tailored so that it would allow the bar to "hang" correctly when worn.
    If you have a suitable mannequin, and a ribbon bar which is long enough you can always test my reply to see if it hangs properly or not?

Very nice tunic.Enjoy!!
    Thanks very much now i have read what you wrote Sounds spot on and make's very good advise . would not have thought of that my self awards are another topic on there own .

Been going over it with a fine tooth and I think i will leave well a lone and not try sewing the boards back in were they have come lose... but they are a perfict fit with no room to move ever side . if you understand my meaning . thanks

IT WAS A CLOSE CALL AND A BIG THANKS TO EVERY ONE , i was very lucky t o get the right info in time .

I have lightly put pins in the board

.. as you will see in photo but more so in hand the boards fits pertfict with no room to move ever side ... in hand shows the same were pattern to were they were placed togeather ... all so what i my self like to look for is the roundly shape (not flat) my qustion is should i have some one with sewing skills sew it back in or leave well a lone for Future Reference ,

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast