Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waffen ss vicor cap i've been offered

Article about: Ok, i have been offered this cap, The guy says this Belonged to his Great Uncle, and says he can prove who his great uncle was with name, and other information, here is a pic of the hat, and

Default Re: Waffen ss vicor cap i've been offered

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    Sometimes it is the time you have to grit your teeth and pay the retail price, to get a long term bargain. I recall hearing complaints about the price of SS visor hats when they broke $1000.00. Those that bought them, at that super-high price, for their day, are surely happy men today.

It is best to stick to honest and reputable sellers until you have the expertise to know more than any seller does.

Bob Hritz
    Thanks for the nice images and more so for the sage and informed advice. All of this is pretty heart wrenching for certain people, because of the haves and haves not syndrome amplified by your pictures and mine. These images are not to excite envy and resentment, but to share actual pieces with people who will otherwise not see them. I cannot account for the irrational aspect of all of this, save that one of the articles in UM does suggest that the cap was the most powerful aspect of the uniform, and naturally draws such attention to its symbolic power. The psychology of headwear is always interesting.

Thanks again for the nice images. Please share some of the black SS officer caps sometimes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen ss vicor cap i've been offered  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen ss vicor cap i've been offered
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks for the nice images and more so for the sage and informed advice. All of this is pretty heart wrenching for certain people, because of the haves and haves not syndrome amplified by your pictures and mine. These images are not to excite envy and resentment, but to share actual pieces with people who will otherwise not see them. I cannot account for the irrational aspect of all of this, save that one of the articles in UM does suggest that the cap was the most powerful aspect of the uniform, and naturally draws such attention to its symbolic power. The psychology of headwear is always interesting.

Thanks again for the nice images. Please share some of the black SS officer caps sometimes.
    F-B,

As you well know, the accumulation of a few hats took more than 45 years of searching and culling. I now regret that I had sold three gray SS officer hats as I can no longer replace them without selling something to pay today's prices. I did grit my teeth, many times, but as the years pass, these were the best decisions I have made. My regrets are for those items I did not buy, when they were available.

Bob Hritz

fake cap fake story fake seller...lol

The eagle on the cap in the period photo sits high on the crown, and the 'fake' cap eagle is centered.
    No way are these one and the same, even if it were original !

This 'dealer'/shyster needs to be recognised for what he is.......
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    F-B,

As you well know, the accumulation of a few hats took more than 45 years of searching and culling. I now regret that I had sold three gray SS officer hats as I can no longer replace them without selling something to pay today's prices. I did grit my teeth, many times, but as the years pass, these were the best decisions I have made. My regrets are for those items I did not buy, when they were available.

Bob Hritz
    Thanks and we honor your search for this material. I have been at it for about the same time, and have less to show for it. Thanks for posting here and thanks for sharing your very fine collection and your much finer knowledge and insight. The internet is a hall of mirrors for many beginners, sadly, and it tantalizes with so many seductive images, but does not transmit the intangible, the imponderable and the odd and strange element of instinct that is also central to this struggle. These imponderables can only be mastered through the decades of struggle and sacrifice in search of the treasured object.

But, the secret weapons is knowledge of German and further knowledge in the available sources about the context and society in which these things emerged. For this reason I did purchase said cap making utensils here in the hope of embracing the spirit of the cap maker as if by magic... I also frequent hat stores in central Europe in the hope of something rubbing off, as it were.

sapere aude.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen ss vicor cap i've been offered  
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen ss vicor cap i've been offered 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2