Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur cap

Article about: Hello all, Got this one out of an Estate and wanted to share it here. Insignia pins do not poke through the interior liner system. Anyone now who the maker of the eagle is? I believe the sku

Default Waffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur cap

Hello all,

Got this one out of an Estate and wanted to share it here. Insignia pins do not poke through the interior liner system.

Anyone now who the maker of the eagle is? I believe the skull is an Assman product?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur cap   Waffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur cap  

Waffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur cap   Waffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur cap

The ink stamp looks like a Russian movie prop stamp, which is not necessarily a bad sign. Plenty of items went into the USSR movie prop stocks and plenty was sold in the early 90's as well. The rest i will not comment on as i am sure others will chime in

Cheers

Quote by Datrus View Post
    The ink stamp looks like a Russian movie prop stamp,
    I thought it was a faded RBNr stamp?

William Kramer

?

Maybe it is, maybe not. Can't read it. I have more than one item here with Russian "prop" stamps. WH, SS, NKVD and so forth. The items was all good. I think i might have some NKVD trousers with such a stamp if needed

Regards, Lars

?

The cap itself looks fine, but without any provenance it will be hard to 100% authenticate this, because the insignia could have been added during the war, post war, or by another collector. Do you have a picture of behind the insignia this will help to tell how long the insignia has been on the hat

Quote by gel65 View Post
    The cap itself looks fine, but without any provenance it will be hard to 100% authenticate this, because the insignia could have been added during the war, post war, or by another collector. Do you have a picture of behind the insignia this will help to tell how long the insignia has been on the hat
    this is behind the insignia, they do not go into the liner system. Would that suggest placed on the cap prior to the cap being finished and the liner sewn in?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur cap  

The eagle seems to be a original late war Assmann with three prongs, the skull is a reproduction of a Assmann.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The eagle seems to be a original late war Assmann with three prongs, the skull is a reproduction of a Assmann.
    Judging from these pictures , the skull is definitely a reproduction ( from the 300 / 400 series ) , the eagle could indeed be a good latewar Assmann - a combination that would have been cheap in the 1980's , as were issue fur caps ..

Question

Any place where some of these type of hats are still sold? I am interested in buying one if possible.

?

Quote by Daniels89 View Post
    Any place where some of these type of hats are still sold? I am interested in buying one if possible.
    Here you go, not cheap but real !

Waffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur cap
    Waffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur capWaffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur cap
    Waffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur capWaffen SS winter hat - rabbit fur cap