Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Warrant Disc

Article about: Hi, new here, I found the attached discs while cleaning out my recently deceased grandmother's house. She is a survivor from the Ukraine. Anyway to authenticate this item or any place to bri

If you do decide to sell, I would seriously advise you get it appraised by someone like Don Bible or some of the guys who do collect these warrant discs, like a guy on WAF who goes by the handle 'g hanson', as the value will be high due to their scarcity. I wouldn't be suprised if you're looking at north of $8000 for one in this condition if proven original, but current economic situations will dictate that.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Warrant Disc
    P
    Many

Wow, that's a serious number. Thank you for the contacts I'll send them an e-mail right away. Thanks again.

?

If somehow the disk can link to a particular Gestapo, it will even cost more.

Is that possible? How would I link it to anything and prove it? I can give her origin but nothing more than word of mouth.

?

Try to get as many information from your family as possible ,eg, where your grandmother got it or is it possible that someone gave to her. Let Bible to do the detective work. He is very good in pursuit that.
    Since the only way to trace a particular disk to its original owner is by the matching ID card. Therefore, not too many Gestapo disk can now be able to trace back to who was the owner. 3 sets are known to have matching disk and ID card . Nevertheless, if there is other solid proof , the value will be much higher.

?

Some auction house results:
    Hermann Historica auction 68 (5/2014) ,No. 3241( start bid at 6000E, no bid);
    auction 67(11/2013), No.7102( start bid at 2500E, win 5600E);
    auction 64(5/2012), no.4749 (start bid at 1500E, win 5000E)
    All these disks have no owner's history.

There is certainly nothing wrong with owning a Gestapo warrant disk. Yes, the Gestapo did, indeed, run Germany with an iron fist, but there is no history to this particular disk and nothing is, therefore, known of it or it's usage. It may well have been for a perfectly routine procedure. The Gestapo did also make normal arrests for a variety of reasons and offenses and for all we know, this disk could be from one of them or any number of others.

As for the disk itself, it does look to me to be a genuine piece and as such is, of course, fairly valuable. Unfortunately, as you can see by previous auction sales of other disks, the prices are all over the charts and do not seem to follow any set pattern or guide. I suppose it would depend on how quick you are looking to get your money out of it. If you were willing to put it up for sale and wait, the sale price could be quite good, but it could, literally, take, possibly several years to find a buyer with the right money in this very narrow and specialized collecting field. The market has always been fluctuating on these disks. But, at any rate, it's an interesting item and is in excellent condition. It is missing it's spring ring chain, but this is not a huge matter. To have a piece like yours with a family history is always good. It is a shame that it is not known how your grandmother acquired it. The story would be an epic in itself.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It is fair to say that when it comes to collectors, they often prefer something a little more impressive in size and design for their money, and as such it may hang around for a while unless priced competitively. As i've said, you need to talk to the guy's who collect these, which you are already doing, so that's as good a start as any. Whatever, it's still gonna be better than a kick in the teeth. Good luck!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you for the information, I'm definitely not in a rush to sell as I don't have an immediate need for the money. However, this is literally found money and 5000e is more than enough to let this thing go. I just wish i could find out more about the history of the piece but i can always continue my search after it's left my posession. Either way the more i read about these things the more fascinated i get. I'm just glad I looked through the box it was in instead of throwing everything away. I still have more boxes to go through so hopefully i find more pieces to the puzzle. Thanks again.

?

Quote by hassiman View Post
    I found one in 1989 in Amsterdam at a yard sale. Old lady wanted to give it to me until I told her what it was worth. She had lost a bunch of family to the gestapo during the war and did not remember how she came to have it although she thought her son might have gotten it off a Gestapo agent that he had killed in revenge after the Germans had capitulated. I wanted nothing to do with it as I personally feel that money made selling an item associated with such evil would be blood money... but that's just me. Most other German stuff is different. I specialize in German ordinance. But a Gestapo warrant disk from Amsterdam could very well have been involved with the arrest of Anne Frank... and most certainly was involved with involved with the transports from Holland. Too much bad Karma.
    If it was not buried with the dead there are no bad spirits.
    It is an item of victory over an enemy. Same as a scalp or trigger finger or teeth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast