Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

This Way Up!

Article about: by BenVK Much of the thanks to all our research must go to FB and Wilhelm Saris, I don't know of many others who have the studied the era to such an extent but still are so generous in shari

Default Re: This Way Up!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    This is why I find the study of the TR and the SS in particular so fascinating yet so demanding. It's incredibly complex with so many facets. There just isn't enough time in the day to become familiar with it all.
    My sentiments exactly Ben !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement This Way Up!
    P
    Many

This Way Up!This Way Up!This Way Up!This Way Up!This Way Up!This Way Up!This Way Up!This Way Up!This Way Up!This Way Up!This Way Up!This Way Up!This Way Up!This Way Up!Whoopee.....

As simple as that FB!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I like the 'Department for Pardons, Repreives and Executions' !!!

Nick

I am pretty alive to how complicated all of this is to a beginner, not the least because I actually teach history, including the III. Reich.
    None of it is straight forward, actually, and the key to the SS was its short, violent life in a variety of totalitarian roles well analyzed by Hannah Arendt.
    I am also with Mr. d'Alquen as concerns the inner frictions called forth by the lack of linearity in the digital format.
    We constantly are reinventing the wheel, but in good company, it is alright.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I like the 'Department for Pardons, Repreives and Executions' !!!

Nick
    We need this entity on this site, too.

Karl Wolff was the person who early on wore this badge on his SS uniform, but he ceased doing so, I guess, once the SS was independent of the SA.
    And, prior to the middle of 1934, the officer corps of the SS was very small.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I hate to beat a dead horse, as it were, but Mollo lays all of this out as clearly as anyone, with his emphasis on the chronological evolution of the SS as an organization, in which he joins this story with the uniform.
    The color picture books take items of uniform as a point of departure, and the result is totally chaotic in my opinion.
    As concerns websites and good ole Wiki what ever, the latter is just lifted straight from Mollo or the books that lifted from Mollo, which is more the case, since Mollo was the pioneer.
    The profusion of such sites is uncontrolled and the quality control in same is pretty lame, too, with some exceptions.
    I think I have read some Mollo, I forget though. Such stiff and cold textbooks don't remain in my conscious for long.
    In comparison, I will never forget what I read in the book "Slaughter at Halbe" by Tony Le Tissie or "Iron Coffins" by Herbert Werner.

For our readers, a worth while tip.....

the reprint of the RZM guidelines for the manufacture of party regalia. This is not the original, but a copy. No serious collector should be without it.

RZM - HERSTELLUNGSVORSCHRIFTEN - KATALOG DER REICHSZEUGMEISTEREI 1936 - Für parteiamtliche Bekleidungsstücke und Ausrüstungsgegenstände.: Reichszeugmeisterei (Hrsg.).

Bookseller Image

View Larger Image
    RZM - HERSTELLUNGSVORSCHRIFTEN - KATALOG DER REICHSZEUGMEISTEREI 1936 - Für parteiamtliche Bekleidungsstücke und Ausrüstungsgegenstände.
    Reichszeugmeisterei (Hrsg.).

Bookseller: Antiquariat-vorZeiten Dr. H. Kähning (Hamburg, HH, Germany)
    Bookseller Rating: 5-star rating
    Quantity Available: 1

Add to basket

Price: US$ 27.17
    Convert Currency

Shipping: US$ 18.47
    From Germany to U.S.A.
    Destination, Rates & Speeds

30 Day Returns Policy
    About the Book Bookseller & Payment Information

Bibliographic Details

Title: RZM - HERSTELLUNGSVORSCHRIFTEN - KATALOG DER...

Publisher: 1936 (1980)., o. A.

Publication Date: 1936

Book Condition: Z 1-; neuwertig.
    Description:

Reichszeugmeisterei (Hrsg.). Zusammenfassung: In kleiner Auflage hergestellter Nachdruck für museale Zwecke. Faksimilewiedergabe des Katalogs der Reichszeugmeisterei, der NSDAP - Herstellungsvorschriften für parteiamtliche Bekleidungsstücke [ ] RZM - 1936. // ++ Inhalt: Stoffe - Wolle für SA, Marine. / Dienstbekleidung SA / Marine SA / NSKK / politische Leiter / HJ / Marine HJ / DJ / BDM usw. Unterabteilung B: Baumwolle / Unterabteilung Ausrüstung / Mützen / Leder / Metall / Knöpfe. Alle beschrieben, mit Maßangaben usw. Sprache: Deutsch. 216; IV. S. OKartoneinband; 4°; Illustrationen, Schnittmuster. Bookseller Inventory # 15766
    About the Book Bookseller & Payment Information

?

Much of the thanks to all our research must go to FB and Wilhelm Saris, I don't know of many others who have the studied the era to such an extent but still are so generous in sharing with amateurs.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Much of the thanks to all our research must go to FB and Wilhelm Saris, I don't know of many others who have the studied the era to such an extent but still is so generous in sharing with amateurs.
    I second the motion here. We are very grateful to him, but I, especially, also to Mr.d'Alquen, too, who has also furnished us with lots of things of merit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast