Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

This Way Up!

Article about: by BenVK Much of the thanks to all our research must go to FB and Wilhelm Saris, I don't know of many others who have the studied the era to such an extent but still are so generous in shari

?

Default Re: This Way Up!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Much of the thanks to all our research must go to FB and Wilhelm Saris, I don't know of many others who have the studied the era to such an extent but still are so generous in sharing with amateurs.
    This is the plain spoken truth. We as internet nobodies are beyond lucky that we can participate or even overhear these discussions. The only place this happens is on this forum and is due to Ade and the generosity of a few distinguished forum members who are highly qualified and educated people. To them I am highly grateful.
    This Way Up!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement This Way Up!
    P
    Many

Quote by jHAM View Post
    This is the plain spoken truth. We as internet nobodies are beyond lucky that we can participate or even overhear these discussions. The only place this happens is on this forum and is due to Ade and the generosity of a few distinguished forum members who are highly qualified and educated people. To them I am highly grateful.
    This Way Up!
    Thanks. You are hardly nobodies in my book, really. We have forged a community of fate here and such is to the benefit of knowledge and those persons embarked on the airwaves or whatever thing thing is called (I am very 20th century....) in search of some tidbit. It is remarkable what you can find, but most of it is total dross.

The innocent collector and seeker is akin to poor Elsie Beckmann in "M" that is for sure. I saw my beloved Peter Lorre in Hitchcock's Secret Agent the other night. I had never seen it.
    Fritz Lang is my favorite and "M" is more topical today than when I first saw it in the 1960s.

I noticed that someone is taking Wikipedia articles on Nazi regalia of checkered quality and bundling it together.
    We should take some of our thingies here, but especially Mr. d'Alquen's and so forth and bundle them together in some conventional format.
    I will leave this, however, to the younger cohort, as I am too seized of old fashion publishing, which is going slowly for me nowadays.
    I published four things last year, though, in a conventional modus.
    Dimas told me that we get 175,000 readers here a month, of which 15% read our posts, that is, our SS thingies.
    I guess that is something, isn't it?
    Without Mr. JHAM and others, all of this would not happen, since it would be suffocated in sophomoric clap trap and balderdash.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4