Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

West Wall badge awarded to Waffen SS?

Article about: Was the west-wall badge awarded to the Waffen SS? And did the 12th SS Hitlerjugend get awarded them/wear them as well?

Default West Wall badge awarded to Waffen SS?

Was the west-wall badge awarded to the Waffen SS? And did the 12th SS Hitlerjugend get awarded them/wear them as well?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement West Wall badge awarded to Waffen SS?
    P
    Many

Default Re: West Wall badge awarded to Waffen SS?

Gday,
    Himmlers Medal Group I believe.The West Wall is the last in this group.
    I figure if the Reichsfuhrer-SS was awarded one then SS units in that area of op's would also be awarded the same including the 12th SS HJ Division in 1944.
    West Wall badge awarded to Waffen SS?
    Only an asumption.
    Cheers mate

After a bit of a look I feel the 12th SS Division HJ did not recieve the 1944 West Wall medal.
    "As the war threatened German border again in 1944 with the D-day allied landing and subsequent invasion of France, the fortification of the frontiers became necessary and once again a significant work force was mobilized. Therefore, a second production run was conducted to reward the workers and military personnel strengthening the notorious Siegfried line. This time the Medal was constructed of in Bronzed zinc. A bar with the date "1944" was authorized for those who already held the 1939 version, but such award was never mass produced. "
    Will keep looking for a HJ ribbon bar with one on it for you.But no luck as yet.
    Cheers mate

I dont believe the waffen SS recieved it either even though some one might be able to correct us.
    Welcome texas

Cool Franz,I can't seem to find any pictorial evidence.
    Cheers mate

As the SS Hitlerjugend took in a fair amount of Heer and former HJ members, it is possible that some of the older NCO's/ offocers' could have been awarded it if they worked on the fortifications as part of their RAD membership,for example, prior to joining the Armed Services proper.

It would not be possible for those "youths" who went directly from the HJ to the SS to wear this decoration as they would not have been old enough work at anything much before they joined up.

There may be an occasional exception to this, but I think that most of the labour employed in the later phase of work would have been mostly composed of foreigners at this stage of the war.

Good logic Bochmann.
    Cheers mate