Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What camo smock was commonly used by the W-SS at Kursk?

Article about: Hi, long time no see. I had a quick question about the camo smocks used by the waffen ss at kursk. I am trying to get a better understanding of smocks and camo in general and any feedback wo

?

Default What camo smock was commonly used by the W-SS at Kursk?

Hi, long time no see. I had a quick question about the camo smocks used by the waffen ss at kursk. I am trying to get a better understanding of smocks and camo in general and any feedback would be great. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What camo smock was commonly used by the W-SS at Kursk?
    P
    Many

Research to me shows a lot of so called plane tree, a few blurred edge, and some palm pattern especially in history book "Kursk the vital 24 hours"by Will Fowler is one that has a lot of period photo's if you are familiar with collector terms describing SS cammo. There are others I have looked at but that one comes to mind. timothy

?

You are mostly going to see the Plane tree variants around this time.
    Edit: Also some Oak A was in that time and Palm
    Ryan

?

The last photo you can see a nice example of what looks like oak A or B on the soldat in the middle, most look to be plane tree 5/6th
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What camo smock was commonly used by the W-SS at Kursk?   What camo smock was commonly used by the W-SS at Kursk?  

Attached Images Attached Images What camo smock was commonly used by the W-SS at Kursk? 

Yes forgot about the collector term "Oakleaf" that appeared mid to late war in a lot of photo's some nice ones above. timothy