Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

What defines an "early" SS cap?

Article about: see above. a.) badges? b.) date, if then, what date? c.) other, if then, what other? d.) when is "early" something else, as in "middle wise" or "late." I am int

What defines an "early" SS cap?Here is another I wanted to own, but lost out to another.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What defines an "early" SS cap?
    P
    Many

?

You're right of course FB, I'm not having my finest hour lately.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    You're right of course FB, I'm not having my finest hour lately.

Glad you are here. We need you. None of this is very straight forward, and someday, we should find some better way to display the collective knowledge with the extant types.

Such was my goal with this thread, to which you have a lot to say, as do the others with their perspective.

I had hoped with this thread to see some further examples in collections of what the readers categorize as "early" caps.

?

Just out of interest, do any of the RZM publications mention these metal vents or eyelets as I prefer to call them?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What defines an "early" SS cap?   What defines an "early" SS cap?  

What defines an "early" SS cap?  

?

Gesche would say he's wearing an early cap and I for one wouldn't argue with him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What defines an "early" SS cap?  

?

Has this been shown already?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What defines an "early" SS cap?  

Yes, it has, and this cap is now in the Buhler collection in Canada. I wanted that one, too, actually. It came with the early and later badges.

?

Quite intriguing that the emphasis has turned to these earlier examples now.

I remember when I first started collecting, the only black cap to buy was the one with all the "bells and whistles" in mint condition or so I was told.

Glad to see a fundamental tidal shift.

I love those examples with eyelets! Am glad you're still onboard Ben. We're having fun reviewing the great early things.
    By the way-- re: the early one you posted with eyelets-- is the crown lining 'machine sewn' to the cap band? Usually we see that pleated material attached to the bottom material using a basting stitch.

Sorry, I missed that sentence in your previous post. Thats an interesting way that cap was assembled.
    Last edited by Nigel Lesgate; 12-21-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast