Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What do you guys think about this SS Tunic?...

Article about: Knowledge of history and geography are essential in the search for old pieces of textiles as well as the people who made them. Postscriptum: someone else can post pictures of the training in

?

Default Re: What do you guys think about this SS Tunic?...

Thanks for the wonderful feedback guys! I had my doubts about whether or not it was completely authentic, but had no clue it was that off. Obviously any SS tunic (being that there are so many fakes and so rare to come by) should be carefully considered before buying and I'll obviously steer clear of this one.

I'm learning so much on this forum and this will only help me with future purchases. Thanks again to everyone for providing feedback!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you guys think about this SS Tunic?...
    P
    Many

good for a Halloween impression...

?

Hi Dzyner -

Yes, study the images of correct black uniforms on this site. The black outfit has many unique aspects, which help to identify it immediately even from a distance.

Compare, for exmple, this breast pocket from a correct tunic with that of the one in question:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you guys think about this SS Tunic?...  

Look also the Cuffband, that doesn't fool anyone.

?

For a look at a correct black outfit often-discussed of late on this forum, visit German militaria - iron cross, waffen ss, luftwaffe, paratrooper – Military Antiques Stockholm, click on dress uniforms (the Plauen tunic).

dzyner, Our SS tunic expert FB has not seen this thread yet. Lucky for you. He will give you an ecsyclapedia definition of why this tunic is BAD. Not that others have not hit the nail on the head but FB's scrutiny will make you fully understand

rgds, Ty

?

Ty, hopefully he shows up. I love the knowledge you guys give me with your feedback. Pretty soon I'll be able to offer up my 2 cents on this forum

dzyner

?

I'm guessing F-B is off somewhere trying to make a living, or else you know he would be all over this thread like chickens in a barnyard.

?

the cuff title is the worst, collar tabs were sewen on by some kid,,, that guy should ask 8,000 for that

?

Hey Colt, while I've got you, rumor has it that you bought the super Arty EM SS visor from Whamond recently - is this correct?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast