Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What do you guys think about this SS Tunic?...

Article about: Knowledge of history and geography are essential in the search for old pieces of textiles as well as the people who made them. Postscriptum: someone else can post pictures of the training in

?

Default Re: What do you guys think about this SS Tunic?...

Frog,no... this pioneer is the only one I still have, had it since 90 ..guess bacause I was in the 10th Engineer Bn. 3rd Div.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you guys think about this SS Tunic?...
    P
    Many

?

Colt - Thanks; can't remember where I heard this.

As Mr. Bruce has noted, I have included several tutorials here on this theme. An authentic SS Junkerschule Toelz or Braunschweig uniform is a costly proposition, and said piece in this thread is a poor fake.

Here some over seen illustrations.

Seekers of truth have only to look at our tutorials and learn a lot.

Foetid woolens are not for the faint of heart or those who want to take short cuts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you guys think about this SS Tunic?...   What do you guys think about this SS Tunic?...  

There are illustrations of Junkerschule Toelz uniforms in the colored reference works, I think. The person who asked the question has now vanished, as usually happens here. I wish I had a meter like a taxi cab for these things.

As luck would have it, I just drove by Toelz the other day only to blunder into all of Holland on wheels on its way to the Brenner pass.

I am not sure if I passed any discarded black uniforms, but my mind was more on how one can go 15 kms an hour in a Stau of 75 kms.

Happy foetid woolens. This woman here does not need any.
    Attached Images Attached Images What do you guys think about this SS Tunic?... 

courtesy Robert Hassler this image of the real McCoy as it were..

Our colleague Hassler is a fine man and a great finder of wonderful rarities of all kinds.

One of you has your fingers on the ranks lists and can tell us who these men were.

They do not seem very comfortable on the box in some bivouac somewhere.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you guys think about this SS Tunic?...  

I have other images of the staff and students of the Junkerschule somewhere that we have all borrowed from these sites. I believe the above image is from the Reichsparteitag ca. 1935 or 1936 or so.

The staffs of these schools were quite small when one compares them to like professional military education sites of the 21st century, which are rich in personnel and facilities. This fact is always of paramount importance in assessing the likely originality of an artifact that was the property of a really only a few men, especially at said rank.

But one would not want facts to lessen the joy of many as they search for these bits of the past.

An authentic piece ex the collection of Peter Jenkins.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you guys think about this SS Tunic?...  

an image of note.

These are the property of one of our members, perhaps Bob Hritz? Or some other personage lucky enough to own such objects. If I have violated someone's proprietary rights, then my humble apologies. But as colleague d'Alquen points out, once these things are here, then they are everywhere. I have posted a lot of my own property here, and have little hope of controlling same ever. One hopes the radiance of truth will enlighten those who tarry in the darkness of ignorance.

The Toelz school property was long in the hands of the US Army until the draw down of US forces in USAREUR that began in the 1990s. This is a soldier from the US Army Berlin Brigade, which our readers know NOT to have been in Bavaria. Did this man here collect Nazi regalia? Did he own foetid woolens? The East German war plans for the conquest of Berlin (West) were pretty horrifying, actually. This image is from the late 1950s or the early 1960s, i.e. the time of the Berlin crisis which led to the wall in 1961.

This is off the subject, but why not?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast