Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What is THIS?? HELP PLEASE

Article about: Due to the Tuetonic resemblence, im wondering if it could be a fixing for a sword or dagger handle, i believe there was a tuetonic order of knights during the war years which i would think w

?

Default What is THIS?? HELP PLEASE

Hello,

I am from Romania am for many years I have a nazi idem that my grandfather left me, on several times I tried to find something about it in on-line catalogs or on specific websites but I din't manage to succes.
    I attached some fotos. If you can tell me what is it and what money value if any (I don't want to sell it , only for my opinion).
    My grandfather was german born, I think he was party member and then recruted by SS....I will put a picture with him in civilan clothes in 1937 in Berlin and another one when he was younger....but the idem is still the question WHAT is it ?!? I'm very couriuos I hav others but I know exactly what they are this I found after his death

Ps My grandfather was the taller one...

He died 5 years ago, age 95
    Thank you , excuse my english
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is THIS?? HELP PLEASE   What is THIS?? HELP PLEASE  

What is THIS?? HELP PLEASE   What is THIS?? HELP PLEASE  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is THIS?? HELP PLEASE
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is THIS?? HELP PLEASE

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have no idea what this insignia is for, but I do like the look of it very much.

Your Englsih is fine!

Cheers, Ade.

Yeah, I am liking that too. The mount is curious and looked like Jewelry till I saw the back of it. Pretty heavy mount that must have gone on something and looks Teutonic in nature.

Retaining bolt is curved? could be an automobile grill mount?

Value is subjective, but if I saw that I would move I think.

K

Never seen it before but it seems to be some private made badge. As You said Your grandfather lived in Romania, there were many German nationalist groups all over the Eastern Europe in 1930-40-ies. Maybe this badge was made by one of them?

?

he came in Romania after the war 1947

?

Hi Teo

I regret to say that I havent got a clue what it is, but, fake or not, I like it!

Best of luck with the hunt for info on it.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

I'm realy not an expert but I know for sure it is not fake, becouse I have about 20 nazi idems from him, and all of them he had in his possesion before 1947 when he came to Romania. The old man didn't talk much about his before war - war status , I know from my grandmother (she was 100% romanian) that he was some kind of officer in the war and he came to Romania after the war to emigrate from Constanta (black sea port) in Australia but from logistic problems he staid here meet her marryed her had one daugheter (my mother) ...............so if it is fake is an before 1947 Fake

?

Quote by Teo82 View Post
    I'm realy not an expert but I know for sure it is not fake, becouse I have about 20 nazi idems from him, and all of them he had in his possesion before 1947 when he came to Romania. The old man didn't talk much about his before war - war status , I know from my grandmother (she was 100% romanian) that he was some kind of officer in the war and he came to Romania after the war to emigrate from Constanta (black sea port) in Australia but from logistic problems he staid here meet her marryed her had one daugheter (my mother) ...............so if it is fake is an before 1947 Fake

Hi Teo

Sorry mate, bad wording on my part, when I said "fake" I meant it in its widest context as in "not generally known/recognised", I did not mean to infer that it was a fake, as in a "made up" badge.

BTW, am I correct in assuming that the measuring triangle that it is against is marked in centimetres? If so, I am starting to think that, that would put the badge at about the right size to be some sort of "organisational/membership" lapel badge.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

No way that's fake, and no way its a lapel badge.

?

NO problem man , I'm not fanatik but this is the only idem that I canot identify from my colection amd I want to know about it, and yes is in Cm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast