Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What are these worth?

Article about: Hi guys, I have a question. Can anyone tell me what these pieces are worth? I am especially interested in the ID card and ribbon of the leibstandarte-ss man. Thank you. Greetings, Johan

?

Default What are these worth?

What are these worth?What are these worth?What are these worth?

Hi guys,

I have a question. Can anyone tell me what these pieces are worth? I am especially interested in the ID card and ribbon of the leibstandarte-ss man.

Thank you.

Greetings,

Johan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What are these worth?
    P
    Many

If any of it was real, it would be worth many 1000's. The RK with oaks and swords is a fake and I assume all the rest is as well.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Welcome....you are so much better off starting a new thread on each item in their category on the forum.....you will also need much clearer, if possible straight on photos of the EK, TK, armelband and as many clear close up photos of the ring as possible...
    Placing all the items in one thread as you have, might not get you a lot of answers as some of the more knowledgeable folks here stick to their own area of collecting and may not realise your thread is here

?

How can you tell it is a fake?

?

Ok I will try
    Thanks

Quote by Johan View Post
    How can you tell it is a fake?
    I used my eyes! The oaks and swords are poorly cast with pitting whilst the RK is also badly made and not anywhere near the quality of an original.

The TK and the honour ring are very well faked and the other tk ring looks bogus. The cufftitle looks wrong and the ID card is not a form I recognise.

Hey, I could be wrong on all of it, it just my opinion.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    The cufftitle looks wrong and the ID card is not a form I recognise.
    Indeed. The ID card featuring the divisional insigne is a very silly fake or, more precisely, a fantasy piece.

As usual, the fakers didn't even get their spelling right ("geboten" instead of "gebeten"), nor the most basic facts: The divisional insigne (which has no business being on any ID document anyway) is of the design used from ca. mid-1943 onwards, even though the document claims to be from 1940 and the Leibstandarte - or any other division, for that matter - had no "32nd Company".

The cufftitle is bad as well. This type of ribbed material was not used for period cufftitles.

Hi Johan,

Both rings are no good, I suggest you do a forum search where all will become clear. Please try posting photo's upright, it helps a lot, see the technical/design thread in the index. It's looking like you got burned bad....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Well it looks like it. Anyway, thanks for the info

?

What are these worth?What are these worth?What are these worth?What are these worth?

Probably also fakes. But can I have your opinion one more time?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast