Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

what unit

Article about: This photo i found on another topic , What tab is he wearing , the diamond is for race and settlement all so Agrcultural . so what unit is he , seems the babge could be worn in any branch if

I have just updated the other thread on Josef Reiter; see:

Sta 31 Niederbayern portrait.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what unit
    P
    Many

Thanks every one . not sure if i fully got my head round it , And not reading old germany hinders . My take on it it could be carred on for wear on the tunic no matter what what uint you transfer to , if you were restpeint of it ... looking at the photos seems this is the case ??

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I have just updated the other thread on Josef Reiter; see:

Sta 31 Niederbayern portrait.
    Bravo, Andreas. Your knowledge added to our site is such a source of pleasure to me.

Quote by hawkins View Post
    Thanks every one . not sure if i fully got my head round it , And not reading old germany hinders . My take on it it could be carred on for wear on the tunic no matter what what uint you transfer to , if you were restpeint of it ... looking at the photos seems this is the case ??
    I'm not quite sure if I understand you correctly or what "restpeint" means.

The SS' sleeve diamonds fell into different categories. A few denoted a former affiliation, many were specialty/trade/qualification badges and some were simply branch/unit/assignment insignia. The latter could not simply be retained in the case of re-assignment.

However, Reiter did not wear the RuSHA sleeve diamond because he had previously served at the RuSHA proper - which he hadn't - but apparently was authorized its wear because of his function as his unit's Fürsorgereferent [welfare officer]. (The SS' welfare matters came under the control of the RuSHA.)

"restpient"= recipient I think.

Thank God that our Andreas is such a fine linguist.

Thanks for his acute and wise command of Allgemeine SS insignia.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I'm not quite sure if I understand you correctly or what "restpeint" means.

The SS' sleeve diamonds fell into different categories. A few denoted a former affiliation, many were specialty/trade/qualification badges and some were simply branch/unit/assignment insignia. The latter could not simply be retained in the case of re-assignment.

However, Reiter did not wear the RuSHA sleeve diamond because he had previously served at the RuSHA proper - which he hadn't - but apparently was authorized its wear because of his function as his unit's Fürsorgereferent [welfare officer]. (The SS' welfare matters came under the control of the RuSHA.)
    Thanks very much , Seeing the photo of him got me Thinking .. And all so Angloa says it could be worn still if the person transferred to another unit, as seems the case with this guy
    so what collar tabs and cufftitle can and cant this be worn with , would Angola be wrong in his assessment ? ..
    Last edited by hawkins; 08-27-2014 at 03:29 AM.

I would treat the Angolia book with healthy skepticism in many details of Allgemeine SS insignia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2