Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

White buck gloves of the SS

Article about: As per the request of my colleague.

Default Re: White buck gloves of the SS

White buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSAn earlier image from Nuremberg the year prior, with one soul wearing such gauntlets and the rest not.White buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SS
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-13-2012 at 02:53 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White buck gloves of the SS
    P
    Many

?

Found whilst browsing...

Regards,

Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images White buck gloves of the SS 

White buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSThis young man wears no gloves at all. His helmet shows signs of rain and snow, as does his arm band. What became of him and this suit? and his own ring?White buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SS
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-14-2012 at 03:01 AM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This young man wears no gloves at all. His helmet shows signs of rain and snow, as does his arm band. What became of him and this suit? and his own ring?
    Whatever became of this Ehrentempel honor guard, this sure is an excellent-quality uniform study with many details to look at, from his cufftitle to his private-purchase "Death's Head" ring. We can even tell he is wearing his ID in his left breast pocket.

Very nice, very rare gloves.
    Finally I found my pair today, same maker same year. Number 3054, thump is marked with the same number 3054.
    The source if mine is Gorget connected, as a boxed one came up with the gloves.

Congratulations. I am sure everyone here would like to see your nice things.

?

One wonders.. How many of these specimens were used after the war to move rubble and debris... Just my two cents..
    A very interesting thread I must admit... Thanks to all contributors...G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    One wonders.. How many of these specimens were used after the war to move rubble and debris.
    That's the problem with many such items.

Literally everything was in short supply during the immediate post-war years, and it was even common practice to strip uniforms of insignia, alter them, re-dye them and turn them into civilian clothes.

Everything that didn't need such modifications was put to civilian use right away. That's one reason why issue shirts, sweaters, socks etc. are rare nowadays: They were worn out and then discarded.

To illustrate Andreas' point, here is an item from my collection.

And now for something completely different

I will show a rucksack I purchased in Germany last week, once I get time, again an item made from bits of military kit.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Everything that didn't need such modifications was put to civilian use right away. That's one reason why issue shirts, sweaters, socks etc. are rare nowadays: They were worn out and then discarded.
    This is also why I am so sceptical of items such as TR cigarettes, matches etc that are to be found on dealers sites. Surely such items would have been gold as informal currency in the immediate post war years. 'Hoard finds' not withstanding of course.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast