Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

White lapel "gala" tunics

Article about: Guten Aben, Can anyone supply a photo of a Tunic actually being worn? Is the White lapel "gala" tunic a fantasy dreamed up by the fetish crowd or was it actually worn? I've seen th

Default White lapel "gala" tunics

Guten Aben,

Can anyone supply a photo of a Tunic actually being worn? Is the White lapel "gala" tunic a fantasy dreamed up by the fetish crowd or was it actually worn? I've seen the long service coat in period images, with the white lapel. But not a dress tunic. Been through my "Mollo" and other references. Still looking.
    Thank you for the assistance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White lapel "gala" tunics
    P
    Many

Default Re: White lapel "gala" tunics

You are referring to the double-breasted Gesellschaftsanzug (mess dress) tunic, which had silver-grey (not white) lapels for General officers.
    Vol. 2 of the late Michael D. Beaver's "Uniforms of the Waffen-SS" series has two photographs of Walter Buch wearing this type of tunic.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    You are referring to the double-breasted Gesellschaftsanzug (mess dress) tunic, which had silver-grey (not white) lapels for General officers.
    Vol. 2 of the late Michael D. Beaver's "Uniforms of the Waffen-SS" series has two photographs of Walter Buch wearing this type of tunic.
    Ahh, thank you for the reference. I was curious. Had a friend insisting that the lapel should be white, I kept saying no. So, I win the bet and have donated half to this forum.
    Thanks alot.

Anyone that can post a period photo? I don't have the book mentioned. Thanks.