Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

White SS uniform in wear

Article about: Nice photos.

?

Default Re: White SS uniform in wear

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    The pictures of the KL Commandant are of Arthur Roedl. They come from a Julfest album compiled during his service in Gross-Rosen. To put the pictures in context I have attached the frontispiece to the album.
    It seems, from photographic evidence, to have become the fashion for camp commandants to sport white jackets as a mark of superiority. Pictures of Stangl, Koch all show them wearing this style of tunic within the camps. I will let others speculate on the psychological background to this.
    Although my interests are primarily in the pre-war years I do have some photos of the white tunic during the war and will locate and post them.
    d'Alquen
    Thank you for adding a name and further info to the pictures I posted. Your work of sharing here is greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White SS uniform in wear
    P
    Many

Here is a post-war signed photograph of Karl Maria Demelhuber wearing the army style white tunic during the war.
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White SS uniform in wear  

White SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearHere are the textiles whence were made white blouses and tunics and such. This image is courtesy of Mr. d'Alquen. Notice the amusing variations in spelling for fabrics.

Thank you very much to for these fascinating pictures and information regarding of the white style tunic. It seems that the wear of the white tunic during the second world war was more common than I first considered, especially for the Heer and even in the Waffen-SS, and the shots of Bittrich are wonderful!

Quote by Jonathan Wenberg View Post
    Thank you very much to for these fascinating pictures and information regarding of the white style tunic. It seems that the wear of the white tunic during the second world war was more common than I first considered, especially for the Heer and even in the Waffen-SS, and the shots of Bittrich are wonderful!
    You will find your queries here elicit a pretty sage and informed answer from the pillars of this community.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Here is one more from the same series I posted earlier.
    Attachment 455205
    As F-B said there are more photos and info on the white ss uniform on this outstanding site. But you must extend some type of effort to find what you seek and that is a barrier to most.
    The material here is spread around in a way that is sort of vexing, really. However, if you look closely, there is much material here and it sticks out in the Google search thingy, too.

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    This was discussed on WAF. I have never seen a white SS Officers visor......stunning!

Two SS Officer Visor Hats for your consideration - Page 3 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    I opened an admiring thread on this material elsewhere. Very fine caps of great rarity.

I can honestly say that I did not expect so much interest in this topic, and as such, I have collated several photographs of white uniforms of the Third Reich and have posted several of them below along with sources:

Axis History Forum • White Uniform Of The Third Reich. Pictures And Information
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...ohen-amt-2522/
    Axis History Factbook: White summer tunics
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...s-tunic-80331/
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...ohen-amt-2522/

White SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wear

Greetings. A brief note for those interested. A summer SS tunic is available for sale on Bill Shea's site. This pics are very interesting and a fascinating story attached. Regards, Paul

?

Here is a photo of Karl Koch a commandant of Buchenwald. Thanks to d'alquen for sharing his observations about the style choices of these men.
    White SS uniform in wear

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast