Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

White SS uniform in wear

Article about: Nice photos.

Default Re: White SS uniform in wear

White SS uniform in wearOr this one, which is less weighty.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White SS uniform in wear
    P
    Many

i will let you know when one, or the other, arrives Friedrich-Berthold.

i see that first option is going to cost me about 1200 Euro.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dr. Karl Brandt before and after. His role in the III. Reich was horrific.
    Is this Brandt on the right?

---------

Doh, silly me, he's Italian isn't he?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White SS uniform in wear   White SS uniform in wear  

Last edited by BenVK; 02-15-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i will let you know when one, or the other, arrives Friedrich-Berthold.

i see that first option is going to cost me about 1200 Euro.

The Tessin is an encyclopedia and costs the same. The second book is cheaper and compact. The Tessin is the authority on order of battle and personnel. And, the SS rank lists are widely reproduced and a very fundamental tool for the serious collector.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-15-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Doh, silly me, he's Italian isn't he?
    Right; the three white-uniformed men seen with Goebbels in the foreground are Italian. The tall man directly behind him appears to be a Luftwaffe officer.

?

I thought it was Peiper to begin with and almost wet my pants!

The resemblance is remarkable.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White SS uniform in wear  

?

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Stonemint,
    During 1940 Keppler was in command of Der Fuehrer and held the rank of SS-Oberfuehrer. It was an infantry regiment at that time and would have had motorised components. Of course this has no bearing on the authenticity of the tunic and its insignia.
    d'Alquen
    Quite correct the only Officer of the DF to reach this rank whilst still in command was Georg Keppler so if authentic the tunic must belong to him !! Why it would have Panzer Waffenarbe is a question to be asked or answered by whoever purchased it ?

Otto Baum never commanded DF .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

a very interesting thread for me thus far with a truly wonderful recommendation from Friedrich-Berthold to enhance my library and thanks to Paul E and all for the great discussion.

just seeing a few rarer photographs would have been great and was what i expected at the start, but the information and content here really has been a pleasure to see!

White SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wearWhite SS uniform in wear
    Quote by tempelhof View Post
    a very interesting thread for me thus far with a truly wonderful recommendation from Friedrich-Berthold to enhance my library and thanks to Paul E and all for the great discussion.

just seeing a few rarer photographs would have been great and was what i expected at the start, but the information and content here really has been a pleasure to see!
    Thanks. Not all are happy to see a book mentioned, especially a German one, but I appreciate the kind words. More bracing yet still are the primary sources, the document itself, which demands a yet higher level of skill simply to read it.

There is a costly, but authoritative way to answer the questions that bounce around here and take up a ton of time without any definitive answer.

A collector who wants to plunk down thousands of bucks for things tied to tall tales can arm themselves with knowledge which takes some self help versus the welfare entitlements of asking me or the other stalwarts here over and over again. We are not great in number, and, as Ben pointed out, we are fading away by dint of age.

If, however, you want a low level of expertise, you will secure a commensurate level of collecting success seen by the whole wide world.

This issue was always more than explosive on the other site, where the enemies of knowledge were especially aggressive and loud.

The successful collector is not just one with a lurid data base of fake stitches and off kilter Lubstein foil pressings in satin, but such a collector has a firm grasp of military and political organization in the III. Reich beyond the ripping yarns of the history channel or a Sergeant Rock comic book.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-16-2013 at 04:13 PM.

i don't mean to seem repetitive, but once again, a truly insightful post with value in it that should be understood by all.

all that we do, done correctly, we do with difficulty.

one must learn and if one is having too good a time at it, one isn't learning as much as one could or should.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast