Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.

Article about: The SS is my favourite subject by far. Unfortunately I have to stick to reading, studying forums and drooling at SS items as they are beyond my financial reach. If I ever gave in to buying S

Default Re: Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.

Another reason for the price disparity...after the war many SS men got rid of or destroyed their gear rather than be identified with the SS....in general they were not treated very well in post war Europe....whereas a member of another branch would be inclined to keep his. That in itself would help create a marked difference in the amounts on the market

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.

We could ask my Unkle about his Eagle and SS tattoo that went up to his Adams apple ... if he were still alive.
    But his sun bathing days were over after the war, at least face up.

?

My dad tells me that when he visited Germany with his friends in the 70's he went to a market and he saw a chest full of SS caps and he was going to buy one (he says dirt cheap) but he changed his mind and when ever I see an SS cap He goes "we could be rich"...!
    Hopefully I will start saving up now and mabey I will get one in the next few years

chers,
    pat

Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.The past is often golden, but never as straight forward as the telling portrays. SS material was always expensive, rare and full of problems because of fakes, which were child's play compared to today. But so much was very simple in the past, but we did not really understand it at the time.

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    I agree that the SS was a small organization in comparison with the entire Wehrmacht. The availability is also a problem. A collector may choose from a plethora of Heer visor hats, but only a few SS visor hats. The competition, among both dealers and collectors, for SS material is serious. It is not uncommon for one of the 'glamour dealers' to pay full retail for visor hats, just to keep them from his competition. Then, when enough are accumulated, that dealer has the ability to set the new market standard. Of course, the cost of keeping a quality inventory is very dear and profits must be made, so the prices keep escallating.

If you subscribe to the doom and gloom, 'the sky is falling', theory that the market for militaria will crash at any moment, you may wish to wait for these to become cheap and readily available. However, I will advise you that I have heard this from the early 1960s until today. Had I waited for this to happen, I would still be holding the few pieces that family members brought back, and nothing else.

Surely, I would think there must be a limit, but to this day I have not seen it.

Bob Hritz
    Wise insights from a person who formerly posted with us.

Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Tomorrow all of this will cost nothing.....!

- - ------- - -

Attachment 723291You won't even be able to sell it on epier and then invite her to dinner with the proceeds of the sale....!

Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Nor will you be able to buy a ouija board and ask Heini H. why he is laughing at you because you overpaid for his cast off Klammotten.

Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Why are SS items so much more expensive than Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.Contrast....

Quote by Bob Hritz - "It is not uncommon for one of the 'glamour dealers' to pay full retail for visor hats, just to keep them from his competition. Then, when enough are accumulated, that dealer has the ability to set the new market standard."

I would argue that this tactic is shared by the collector as well . . . and - dare I say - slowly being mastered by yourself, FB?

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    They are expensive because Bob owns them all. :-)
    So are SS helmets Doug! ;-)))))

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast