Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

A WSS colored cap in California...

Article about: After the Adolf desk, the Mengele paper our wonderful Craigy is always here with a new Extra Mega rare cap....your comments are welcome of course...

?

The cap that started this thread, peculiarities in materials aside, lacks the cohesiveness as a whole that one wants to see in an original piece of headgear. The elements do not belong together, and have not been together for a long time...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A WSS colored cap in California...
    P
    Many

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    .....Also the hat itself appears to have a slightly off fieldgrey colour too it, aswell as the insignia simply not matching the wear of the hat.
    As said, these things can tarnish on even the mintiest example. Here is an authentic Clemens visor which is a good example of said phenomenon,
    FINALLY!! Black SS NCo Visor

Quote by TrondK View Post
    May i ask if this visor has a chance at all?

Yes i know the dealer has a less than positive reputation, i would like to know more around the object and less about the person/dealer.
    I don't think there're many of us who are truly qualified to answer this, though some maybe. I know I am not.

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    So he's tacitly admitting it's a fake...
    Many original items where, and still are found in such a place, usually bearing some kind of postwar mark.

Regardless how you feel about Craig, and for the record I am not a fan, it would be nice if this visor was indeed original. Such a rare cap hardly ever comes to market, yet alone discovered, especially in a mint state such as this one. My personal feelings however is it is probably not good, but again, I'm not qualified to say either way. Hopefully a knowledgeable and trustworthy collector will be able to examine it in-hand soon and share his findings with us.

A WSS colored cap in California...The black officer's cap in the foreground here, the trikot one, was found in Barrandov/Praha, and is completely real.

Quote by Arran View Post
    The cap that started this thread, peculiarities in materials aside, lacks the cohesiveness as a whole that one wants to see in an original piece of headgear. The elements do not belong together, and have not been together for a long time...
    Mr. Arran has owned very significant and rare SS head wear and speaks to me with great authority.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-21-2014 at 01:25 AM.

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    So he's tacitly admitting it's a fake...
    For the record, my previous comment was tongue-in-cheek. It was also in response to the description ascribed to the kepi which Mr. Coleman has deemed as a ground up fake. It also seems that Mr. Gottlieb has the uncanny ability to find the most extraordinary items in unusual places.

Mr Gottlieb has the uncanny ability to compel too many here to pay attention to him, especially when he has actually done nothing of merit or value to deserve such rapt attention.

Hitler cap by the same seller FB, do you want that incredible cap on your table ?...

A WSS colored cap in California...A WSS colored cap in California...A WSS colored cap in California...A WSS colored cap in California...A WSS colored cap in California...

ps : the manequin is not original...

A WSS colored cap in California...

This is becoming more centered on the seller than the items. Therefore, this thread is closed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

For clarification, the Hitler items are genuine and have a provenance back to the late 1960's when they were purchased from the U S Army officer who took them from Hitler's Munich apartment.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5