Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WTK : SS Saharian Tropical Shirts

Article about: I have seen plenty pics, and have owned SS SAHARIAN TUNICS before, but I've only seen a couple pics of the SS TROPICAL SAHARIAN SHIRTS, does any members in here own one, that they would be w

Default WTK : SS Saharian Tropical Shirts

I have seen plenty pics, and have owned SS SAHARIAN TUNICS before, but I've only seen a couple pics of the SS TROPICAL SAHARIAN SHIRTS, does any members in here own one, that they would be willing to post some pics of theirs, and what insignia if any would be worn on them.

thank you
    Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WTK :  SS Saharian Tropical Shirts
    P
    Many

Default Re: WTK : SS Saharian Tropical Shirts

WOW, I guess this shirt is pretty rare, as it seems like no one has one or any good pics of one.

Brian

Talking Re: WTK : SS Saharian Tropical Shirts

Hi Brian,
    this post sure will be useless to you but a few years back a guy found this Sahariana shirt in Austria along with a pair of Italian made lowboots (WSS stamped on the heel) which belonged to a soldier of a WSS unit.It definitely was worn by a WSS soldier but to me this shirt is but an equally rare LW tropical Sahariana since it's 95% identical to this (LW) elusive shirt...it only lacks the button/buttonhole on the rear collar.
    No WSS-style tunnel loops for the shoulderboards,just ordinary loops and buttons held by another button passing thru a slit on the shoulder,just like the common (well,so to speak....) WH and LW tropical shirts!Could it be that our SS-mann has "adopted" this shirt because it was very similar to the WSS one?Could it be a late variant identical to the LW sahariana shirt?Again...to me it's a LW tropical shirt pressed into service by one or more men in this unit but I could be proved wrong!
    Cheers
    Manny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WTK :  SS Saharian Tropical Shirts   WTK :  SS Saharian Tropical Shirts  

WTK :  SS Saharian Tropical Shirts  

Great, thanks for the pics, That is just like the one i saw years ago, when i was stationed in Germany.

Here are some pics of the shirt i recently picked up, it looks new, unissued.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WTK :  SS Saharian Tropical Shirts   WTK :  SS Saharian Tropical Shirts  

Quote by Canuck63 View Post
    Hi Brian,
    this post sure will be useless to you but a few years back a guy found this Sahariana shirt in Austria along with a pair of Italian made lowboots (WSS stamped on the heel) which belonged to a soldier of a WSS unit.It definitely was worn by a WSS soldier but to me this shirt is but an equally rare Luftwaffe tropical Sahariana since it's 95% identical to this (Luftwaffe) elusive shirt...it only lacks the button/buttonhole on the rear collar.
    No WSS-style tunnel loops for the shoulderboards,just ordinary loops and buttons held by another button passing thru a slit on the shoulder,just like the common (well,so to speak....) WH and Luftwaffe tropical shirts!Could it be that our SS-mann has "adopted" this shirt because it was very similar to the WSS one?Could it be a late variant identical to the Luftwaffe sahariana shirt?Again...to me it's a Luftwaffe tropical shirt pressed into service by one or more men in this unit but I could be proved wrong!
    Cheers
    Manny

So, besides the shoulder boards, what would have been sewn on it, sleeve eagle, and collar tabs or what ??

Brian

Hi Brian, shoulder straps for sure. Maybe a sleeve eagle, but not collar tabs.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Brian,
    IMHO both shirts are Luftwaffe tropical shirts of the Sahariana type.Not as "glamorous" as a Wss shirt maybe,still equally rare!Yours has the rear collar button while mine doesn't.
    Beautiful item...rare and mint!
    Cheers
    Manny

Originals are quite scarce and very nice. Unfortunately, I have never studied them to determine which are original and which are the copies.

I do like the looks of both of these, but cannot know for sure.

Bob Hritz

I have Googled them, and cannot find any other pics of these shirts anywhere, only one collector web site has one of these, and its identical, and if these were faked, there would be plenty more pics on it out there, i know the guy who has had it for last 20 some years that i know of.

So i feel that it is legit, and authentic.

Yes i notice mine does have the rear button, and the other one posted here for viewing does not.

Brian

I also noticed that mine does have the shoulder board tunnel type holders on it, and the other one has just loops, and mine is the same color under the pockets, as that one is a of a green color.

And it also seems that the rear flap on mine seems to ride a bit higher then the one posted, they are very similar, but different in smaller areas.

Brian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast