Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

WTK : SS Saharian Tropical Shirts

Article about: I have seen plenty pics, and have owned SS SAHARIAN TUNICS before, but I've only seen a couple pics of the SS TROPICAL SAHARIAN SHIRTS, does any members in here own one, that they would be w

Default Re: WTK : SS Saharian Tropical Shirts

That was kinda of partly my fault, the first pics i posted was the best, that's why i took another pic showing them much better, and posted it.

So, now that you see that, what is your opinion on the shirt now.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WTK :  SS Saharian Tropical Shirts
    P
    Many

Thumbs up Re: WTK : SS Saharian Tropical Shirts

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    That was kinda of partly my fault, the first pics i posted was the best, that's why i took another pic showing them much better, and posted it.

So, now that you see that, what is your opinion on the shirt now.

Brian
    In my opinion,even if judging by pictures alone is difficult, you've got a very nice tropical WSS shirt,while mine is a Luftwaffe sahariana -I'll call it second model in that there's no rear collar button and it's made of DAK shirt material with a greenish hue that still shows where it hasn't faded due to direct sunlight- used by a member of a certain WSS division!I'm attaching two pictures to compare the Luftwaffe and the WSS shirts...they're almost identical.First pic is taken from M.D.Beaver's book "Uniforms of the WSS-vol.III" while the second is taken from "Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe-vol.II" by Angolia & Schlicht

Thank you for sharing
    Manny

P.S.;can you tell if there's some sort of reinforcing cloth inside the collar?By pinching the fabric on the front and the fabric on the rear and rubbing them one against the other you'd feel something between the two "halves" of the collar!
    P.P.S;it could even be that my shirt is a late WSS tropical shirt,but I've got serious doubts about that!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WTK :  SS Saharian Tropical Shirts   WTK :  SS Saharian Tropical Shirts  

Default Re: WTK : SS Saharian Tropical Shirts

NO its just like the second picture, just a standard collar, with the button in the back, although the collar does seem to be reinforced somewhat.

I would say yours is a W-SS shirt also, like you said a late war made shirt, mine could have belonged to a soldier that was injured in Africa, sent home, and he never got around to wearing the shirt.

I do like the shirt you have, and thanks for the pics you just posted.

I love those trousers he has on in the first pic above, with the inverted belt ramps.

Brian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3