Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi there. I'm thinking on buying this NCO peak cap. It is being sold as an original, and I've done some research and got others to look at it, and have come to the conclusion that it is an o

This hat is actually so bad, one almost suspects that this whole post is some kind of joke. No one could seriously claim that they have "researched" this thing and even gotten the opinions of other collectors and have come to the conclusion that they considered it authentic.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?

This post by the same person does not bespeak a high familiarity with the task.

If these are spoofs, then bravo for the spoofer.

I do not really know. I try to set a good example against the chance someone then offers me something real at a fair price. It has happened to me.

Hang in there Duncan, the real thing will come along sooner or later.

A word to the wise though...as a new member, a few less of the "is it real and what's it worth" threads will stand you in good stead for assistance from the fine members of this forum.

WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?The real thing in this case is very, very costly and highly conflicted.

Any piece of SS headgear is very costly and highly conflicted, especially if the aspirant is not familiar with the task and its pitfalls.

I have tried to be helpful here, but no word of thanks is forthcoming after much exertion in more than one thread.

Do not collect SS material if it is beyond your level of expertise. You will only make a costly, painful and humiliating mistake.

The resources to collect successfully are here. There are several persons here who started out on shaky ground and then made their way, with some
    help from persons here.

Considering the sums involved, the expertise offered on this site is very valuable, indeed, and many fail to appreciate the sacrifice that made it possible.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The real thing in this case is very, very costly and highly conflicted.

Any piece of SS headgear is very costly and highly conflicted, especially if the aspirant is not familiar with the task and its pitfalls.

I have tried to be helpful here, but no word of thanks is forthcoming after much exertion in more than one thread.

Do not collect SS material if it is beyond your level of expertise. You will only make a costly, painful and humiliating mistake.

The resources to collect successfully are here. There are several persons here who started out on shaky ground and then made their way, with some
    help from persons here.

Considering the sums involved, the expertise offered on this site is very valuable, indeed, and many fail to appreciate the sacrifice that made it possible.
    Since no words of thanks have yet been offered, please allow me to do so. The amount of information offered to the readers of this forum, and especially at the level of detail that FB has been at pains to provide, is unequaled elsewhere. As FB has stated before, he receives no compensation for his participation here. Instead, he generously shares his collection and decades of knowledge that he has amassed, both of which were the result of a significant financial investment and, most importantly, the investment of his time.

A simple and sincere "thanks" means a great deal, especially so in this age of instant gratification and Internet anonymity.

Thank you for the quick lesson FB, and, especially, for the long ones that you have put much time and effort into in the past.

CMH

?

One of the few surviving "Alter Art" caps with Veteran provenance (replaced Bevo insignia on the former traces):WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?

Bravo. And not had on ebay or at the hock shop or at the flea market, I suppose.

Thanks for showing your treasures so as to enable others to make sense of this thicket.

The appetite for field caps is limitless, and the chance to make a mistake is equally grand.

WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Senior NCO Field Peak Cap - Real or Fake?

I own this silk field cap. It is a very pleasing piece. It does not look at all like the junk with which this thread began.

The manufacture of these items is a religion and theology all onto itself, and the details are widely spread on this site

and others.

These caps were intended to be folded up, to be "griffig," that is, handy and light, and not in need of the structure of a garrison service cap.

Our friend ErWeSa can tell us all about these subtle and remarkable facts.

I included some original, issue SS field caps above. Many of these were or were not made by hat craftsmen to order, and vary widely.

These caps are like the caps many Germans and others wore in every day life. And were items to which little thought was assigned other than the thing
    have character.

?

I've read the thread and looked at the pictures provided by the original poster. Even though I am no expert on headgear, I would stay far far away from it. Comparing it with the pictures posted by Friedrich Berthold should tell you enough.

I thank you FB, for sharing all these pictures and your knowledge. I really like it and I'm learning a lot from it

Thanks to you who were kind enough to engage the effort here.

My complaint hardly has the purpose to elicit a chorus of gratitude. I get alot of it in many ways, and I thank you all.

Good manners are infectious and I celebrate the good company here.

Who knows who the original poster is, or what persons is tempting him or her or whomever with such a cap at what price..?

Mr. Mint goes to extreme lengths to show every case of misdemeanor of felony cap o cide in ebay and so forth.

We all know there is much larceny and mischief.

However, if you want to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a cap, and SS caps no longer cost hundreds of dollars, then you are enjoined to
    make some extraordinary effort to figure it out.

I do not own an SS field cap with a peak, since the one last offered to me was far too costly, and the market has gone soft and I am less interested in
    it all, truth be told.

Knowledge in good company is its own reward. Thanks to my colleagues for their fine support of this site.

The rest of it is the price we pay for the good moments here. If these posts are a spoof, then I have been spoofed.

I can also spoof back, of course, and will if given adequate chance to do so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast