Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WW2 SS uniform?

Article about: Thanks everyone. I knew it was authentic but had no idea these things were valuable until a few days ago when I started searching online. There's some writing on the back of the metal crest

?

Default Re: WW2 SS uniform?

Thanks everyone. I knew it was authentic but had no idea these things were valuable until a few days ago when I started searching online.

There's some writing on the back of the metal crest that I can't make out. I'll take a magnifying glass and see if I can get a better idea of what it says. The clasp pin mechanism is stuck so I can't remove it right now. It's really interesting. It looks like a horse's head. There's no cuff title on the sleeve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 SS uniform?
    P
    Many

?

Here is a close up of the metal pin.

The military collecter is stopping by tomorrow. I told him I wasn't ready to accept an offer until I've done some more research on the uniform. I know it's hard to go by a few photos, but does anyone have a very rough estimate on what these tunics are worth? I've found some German WW2 uniforms online but haven't come across an SS one so far.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 SS uniform?  

Yours is a highly desirable and sought after uniform. The metal crest I think is for some sub echelon of the 4th Infantry division of the US Army. It does not belong on the Waffen SS uniform, with pink underlay on the shoulder boards. The rank is Sturmbannfuehrer, i.e. major.

A very fine piece likely and one about which you want to take great care in its possible sale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 SS uniform?  

A very nice major tunic! If i were you, personally, i wouldn't sell it.. especially because your related to the man who brought it back! But do as you wish, and all the best!

I is a great looking tunic,any collector would love to have it.

No kidding

I wouldn't sell it. And if it was an gift from youre late grandfather it must be special to you. Trust me you will not forgive youre self.

And if you keep it in good condition you got an nice pension from it. If you wait with selling a bit longer.

What a great treasure to be left in possession of. It will bring you a chunk a change should you decide to sell it, but I would certainly hang on to a piece such as this. Then again, I have a collector's mindset, though hopefully all of this will get you into the hobby.

Yes, do not sell it, too many of these tunics are going into the hands of dealers that care nothing about the collectors community.

Hold onto it, and it will go up in value,. more then gold will, that's how big of a value item you have there.

KEEP IT, DO NOT SELL IT, But if you do, sell it to a respectable dealer, and not a crook that has no respect for the history of it..

Brian

I'm with the other guys, I say don't sell it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast