Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Fake or Authentic? WWII Waffen-SS M43 & M40 Tunics with full Insignia

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is the M43 Tunic Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the M40 Tunic Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the Götz von Berlichingen Cuff Title Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the M40 Tunic Sleeve Eagle Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the M40 Collar Tabs & Shoulder Boards Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the M43 Collar Tabs & Shoulder Boards Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the M43 Tunic Stamps Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the M40 Tunic Stamps Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is Both Tunics Wrong & Fake?

4 100.00%
  • Is the M40 & M43 Tunic look authentic but something on them is wrong?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

WWII Waffen-SS Elite M40 Götz von Berlichingen & M43 Signal Corps Tunics complete with Insignia (Authentic or Fake?) Help?

Article about: WWII Waffen-SS Elite M40 Götz von Berlichingen & M43 Signal Corps Tunics complete with Insignia (Authentic or Fake?) Help? I have these limited photographs available currently but will g

Thank you for your reply matey! Appreciate your input, at least I have a month to return these tunics if I am not happy with them which is a good thing. This is exactly why I uploaded these tunics on WarRelics, I ow everyone here my thanks because this is saving me allot of money if no one is happy with these tunics at all. That is $3,000.00 USD each!! So then if the insignia are fake then I would need to send them back and buy them again but at a realistic price as if they have no insignia on them.. but that is only if the tunics themselves are indeed original.

Where are your thoughts on the tunics themselves?
    Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Waffen-SS Elite M40 Götz von Berlichingen & M43 Signal Corps Tunics complete with Insignia (Authentic or Fake?) Help?
    P
    Many

Hello dear friend, because I am not happy from my outside sources.. I follow my instincts and when something bothers me, have you my brothers to help me out! My limited knowledge isn't enough and I have a much greater respect for all of you who would know what they are talking about when it comes to SS tunics!

I just wondered why a tunic with the same lining would be on trusted site for sale but hearing that it is apparently wrong.. well, if it is wrong then it's between you and the The Collectors Guild to sort that one out haha
    For me, it's time to take out all the dozens of books again.. it has become apparent to me that the Eagle is not right and the cuff band is 50/50.. I know it's been de-natzified and someone added the cuff title on the tunic most likely!

But now I am wondering about all the rest? What do you guys think?

Thanks matey, appreciate it! I am new to this forum and this only helps

I have a come back to the Winston Churchill message haha
    The French fight for freedom, the British fight for fame and the Americans fight for souvenirs haha and the South Africans like me.. well, we fight for braaivleis and rugby L.O.L.

?

I need to say one thing. That cufftitle isn't 50/50, but a 100% fake. A friend of mine bought a fake Das Reich cufftitle this year at the the Ciney Militariafair for €10. It has the same overall look, same font used, it also has Bevo Wuppertal on it. Trust me and everbody else here who said the insignia are bad.

That is all from me. I wish you good luck in your search for a good tunic.

Thank you I will post pictures of a few interesting things for you guys!
    For all the other collectors, historians and enthusiasts here on WarRelics! I ask you to be kind, listen and please don't judge and correct me if I am wrong.. with respect please and know that I am listing like everyone else and like everyone else.. we takes things with a pinch of salt right. Thank you

I will post lots of nice pictures of items on this conversation board.. of our entire museum collection for your guys to see and show off my WWII 1942 US Army Dodge Weapons Carrier WC63 Truck that was used by the 101st AB 506th PIR in Normandy that I spent 5 years doing a 100% complete full restoration on myself by hand which I am very proud of

I might be new on this forum.. but I have been collecting very very seriously since I was literally 5 years old! That is to this date.. 22 years, I have traveled the world, I have visited hundred of grave sites from WWI and WWII, I have walked many Battlefields. I am lucky to have met over at least 50 or more veterans weather it was just briefly or veterans we knew for any years as friends and one of them was actually Germany's youngest soldiers in history that who won the highest Award.. weather that record is in books today or not. When I was 7 years old, our neighbor was also a soldier who fought in North African who was a true Desert Rat and I am actually in the process of obtaining all of his souvenirs, and stuff that he wore in WWII and his diaries and books, letters and everything that he wrote that is enough to write an entire new book that I want to publish World-Wide.

When it comes to books of WWII memorabilia, they aren't always right or 100% on the spot and mostly they don't cover everything or even show anything that isn't textbook at all.. I'm sure the most experienced knows that very well because they are written by mostly people that did not even exist during WWII, so how can they be sure of every single detail of a million subjects on a million things but that is part of the love of collecting is not to know everything always but the feeling of it, the wonder.. I'm talking about two simple tunics, I can honestly say I am an expert or whatever we like tho call ourselves but I am only true expert when I can hold something in my hands and feel the object... especially helmets, my father has always told me I have special gift and I have a way of finding things and doing research.. and when I said 37 hours of research I did not mean I'm sitting in front of a dumb book for that long no..
    I meant, I contacted dozens of collectors, good friends, living veterans.. one of them being of the Waffen-SS still alive but his too old and frail but he likes the tunics haha.. a few other big collectors love the tunics but I am not so sure myself!!

The internet has actually ruined and changed the world of collecting. I remember those days picking up WWII German helmets by the veterans and the families themselves, finding something in a antique store or in someones barn for a good price but now everyone is educated in the history and determine value according to the internet and what dealerships ask for collectables that has taken the fun out of it allot.

I have met many dealers, collectors in my life.. me and my father together own the largest private collection in AFRICA! and I've seen how some people.. not you guys, I mean over time I have a couple of upsetting people "the know it all's" have shot down countless items in our museum.. they ,right know allot but not everything! Only years later being driven the rarest and most original! I have had collectors come visit the museum and then they pick up a desert camouflaged FJ Paratrooper helmet of ours and check for any signs.. checking out it's authenticity and then the mad man went and took his car keys and actually started scratching at the decal and damaging it! And then he said "it's fake!" when it is today a proven, certified and authenticated original and even found the grave of the person's name inside the helmet in North Africa that's how far my dad went to research it.

I have seen some collectables that are of a rarity.. being known as a rare original item and then over a forum, only in the last few years this item being shot down and then it spread like wild fire! Everyone listening to the "know it all's" characters that were actually no more than a hand full of friends.. that actually had no idea what they were talking about but I knew because I had living proof of this small item being original as it was seen for the last 70 years.. but it's how you, how one person's idea can change another and then another and soon, a whole bunch of people to hundreds.. and then everyone else gets influenced by the fake knowledge being passed around so carelessly and then everyone is fooled and it ruined a man's reputation who wrote books on this item who researched this item his entire that he had dedicated himself to the world of WWII memorabilia and now this item is being scrutinized world wide as a fake when it is actually original because the German veteran we knew, Gisela Rentch who passed away in 2010 had this very item in his frame mounted up on the wall that he himself wore in combat and was given to him by Adolf Hitler himself in person, as the highest awarded German soldier at the youngest age of only 17 years old in History! but.. now that is is gone, the proof is gone with him and if I tried to post it and talk about it only forum.. then like most, most people don't take something with a pinch of salt and then "the know it all's" step in and then they will start to scrutinize you for sharing something!

Most people are too soft inside, and too submissive.. too easily influenced! I say go with you gut feeling and when it doubt, ask nicely.. that is all and whatever is said, just take it into consideration because this is exactly why this forum was even born right.
    So please everyone, uphold your respect for mutual collectors.. we are a rare breed today as there aren't many collectors left in the world today and me being on of the youngest collectors in South Africa.. and the only one of a hand full, is rare.. and we all help each other out

Oh I see okay good to know, will check that out.. I got new pictures of the other tunic to clarify it possible authenticity by judging from photographs that I will put on my little posting now..

Default WWII Waffen-SS M43 Tunic: The latest Photographs

I finally got the new pictures which is the last to determine the complete picture of the M43 SS Tunic..
    Please tell what you guys think of these few details on this tunic? I thank you very much.

WWII Waffen-SS Elite M40 Götz von Berlichingen & M43 Signal Corps Tunics complete with Insignia (Authentic or Fake?) Help?

Thank you kindly for looking, now we can determine it's possible authenticity or see if these aren't right.. I need someone who has much more experience one this, especially the eagle which looks a 100% to me but again, I can't judge for myself unless I get the books out of the museum which is currently impossible as it is locked up and the family is in Malta currently.

I found a near exact identical Sleeve eagle from the NET to compare with the one on the tunic I bought: WW2 GERMAN WAFFEN SS OFFICER’S UNIFORM EAGLE – JB Military Antiques

Front

Back

Here are also some similar variant shoulder boards like this tunic has as a comparison factor.. these come from a site that sells Authentic WWII German Insignia. So I found these examples.. if this is of any help.

Last edited by Leopardesigns; 09-26-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Mr Leopard ...if you are wrong ..you will be corrected orv you will not survive here and you will gain nothing from your collecting mistakes. It's a fact of life in anything we do . Those who think they feel that are right no longer reside here and are still at the bottom level of collecting. Please continue to keep an open mind and do not place a target on your back that correction is not an option
    Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default WWII German Paratrooper Badge in Gold

Point taken and I agree and thank you matey.. I just basically said that everyone has their opinions when in doubt on an item and the whole reason I am here is because I do not know, so I leave it in your hands

Here is the WWII German Paratrooper Badge in Gold that comes from North Africa as requested, the veteran who I spoke about who fought the Afrika Korps in North Africa, Tobruk, El Alamein he shot down 8 aircraft with his Bofors Flak Gun and then his crew got killed when he shot down his last plane when a Ju-88 charged them on a head on attack and when he hit the cockpit the aircraft flew straight into the gun killing his entire crew instantly in the explosion and he managed to survive but lost a part of his hand that took three fingers with it.

He also shot down a Ju-52 filled with German FJ paratroopers and upon investigating the wreckage that only broke up when it hut the ground smoking.. he took this Badge off the tunic of a dead paratrooper who was caught in the door.. which was his first aircraft kill.
    When he was captured in Tobruk after abandoning the destroyed Bofors Gun with his hand wrapped up and still fought and that was when he was caught by a German DAK soldier whom he became friends with. Had a cigarette together in the dunes, sick and tired of the fighting.. and the soldier took him in and during his time in the POW camps this DAK soldier took care of him and would walk up to the fence during the night and give him chocolates, cheese, wine, bread and whatever he could get his hands on..

And then when Tobruk was liberated, he found the soldier that took care of him.. and he got killed in action during the capture of Tobruk. This badge was in the German soldier pocket and a few of his other effects in his bread bag that he felt, he specially kept for him.. that is when he took his belt that he wore himself, took his helmet, medals, awards and everything small, and his dog tags.. even his water bottle that he used to remember him and he buried the soldier where they met on the dunes. We have most of his personal things and some of the things that was given to me by the veteran when I was young and I have had it ever since.

I did sell this badge for $950 last year and about a week after the sale I withdrew... and rather sold a German Cross in Silver to the collector and he fixed with me and gave me another $1,750 to be fair. I felt too bad to sell the Badge!

But I am in a time of need and of anyone is interested in this Badge I will sell for $950 including shipping and I have a Paratrooper liner, Iron Cross 1st Class also from North Africa from a veteran who also fought with the 7th/8th Armored Division The Desert Rats and a mint Knight's Cross standard Oak Leaves Ribbon I am looking to sell or trade for now..

Currently I am only putting together a full Semi-Tropical Luftwaffe Italian Theater German Flak Gunner Soldier and a German Tropical Waffen-SS DAK soldier, Italian Theater with his Saharan Tropical SS Tunic. This is where my tropical camouflaged Waffen-SS Helmet comes in!

All the rest of my stuff, smalls and odds and ends.. I am selling off! So anyone who is interested in anything let me know! I am also getting a complete Japanese Naval Pilot, a Australian Soldier from North Africa I would like to do up.. and a few things, including a Luftwaffe Me-109 Fighter Pilot's Leather Jacket.

And one of the most interesting and odd collections I am getting now is the actually screen used full uniform, trousers, cap and all insignia of Hermann Göring from the movie: The Battle Of Britain with all it's provenance and labels and everything.. made up of partly reproduction materials from the 1950s and original parts combined to make up his tunic and cap. Will have to see when it arrives from a movie memorabilia collection in Australia.

Please post any medals separately in this forum listed below.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...s-third-reich/

This is a SS uniform forum of study only.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast