Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

You never know when its going to pop up!

Article about: Dimas, I agree. I mean, look at the Totenkopf! Already turned into a snack by the moths! I still think its cool enough to be in my collection, but how sad! I told the guy that too! Well both

Default Re: You never know when its going to pop up!

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Fantastic find Martin, and I can only imagine your expression upon opening that box! It's the kind of scenario I dream of, but never imagine happening. I really hope you get to acquire the rest of it.
    You want to know the truth? As soon as I opened it and it was all SS stuff, my mind automatically said, FAKES!

Then I started to notice the insignia, started looking closer, and that is when my brain melted. It was all I could do to prevent myself from jumping up and down.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement You never know when its going to pop up!
    P
    Many

My fingers are crossed for you too. Hope you can
    pick up this treasure trove.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Just make sure they know that YOU are DEFINITELY interested in all of it. I've been victim of making a casual remark about being interested in an item, and the owner sold it to someone else because they didnt think I was that serious. I hesitate to say keep on them about the items, because you don't want to scare them away by being overbearing, but keep the bug in their ear about you. Good luck and I hope you get it all, can't wait to see the pics!!

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I hesitate to say keep on them about the items, because you don't want to scare them away by being overbearing, but keep the bug in their ear about you.
    That is exactly my strategy.

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    You want to know the truth? As soon as I opened it and it was all SS stuff, my mind automatically said, FAKES!

Then I started to notice the insignia, started looking closer, and that is when my brain melted. It was all I could do to prevent myself from jumping up and down.
    Now you say that, I think I'd probably be the same initially- I'd instantly think 'If it seems too good to be true...'. I had the same reaction upon finding my SS totenkopf cheap, until it was confirmed real. The brain-melting technique sounds effective, I shall keep it in mind, just in case I ever need to call upon it! I look forward to any updates on this.

Mat

?

Sounds like a nice haul Martin , let's hope you get lucky enough too buy the lot & post some pics

?

Buddy I hope you can get the rest of it.
    Even if you don't you did real well.
    I would ask occasionally about the stuff. You never know when they might decide to let them go.
    Don't plead and beg but whining is acceptable. A few tears occasionally and the old bullshit line about taking care of them for life might help.

?

Good luck mate.
    If they do decide to sell, make sure they come to you first.
    I hope you get it all.

Go get pics of the helmet!

Pleeeeaase...

?

I'am sure that 90% of the owners of such artefact will be ready to give them up ( even they want to keep these souvenirs). Normally the psyholgy works like this: So, you gave me this nice price and told me that it will help me more, then it will just keept in the box, and got new moth holes. Even I feel me very respectfull, due I help to you in your researches and my items will be displayed in the wall.
    Isn't it?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast