Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Your thoughts on this item!

Article about: Allgemeine-SS Cufftitle “8”. Just wanted to see what everyone thinks about this one! Thank you for your expertise and input! Regards, Sam

Default Your thoughts on this item!

Allgemeine-SS Cufftitle “8”. Just wanted to see what everyone thinks about this one! Thank you for your expertise and input!

Regards,

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your thoughts on this item!   Your thoughts on this item!  

Your thoughts on this item!   Your thoughts on this item!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your thoughts on this item!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Your thoughts on this item!

Authentic Sturmband for likely the 8th company in an Allgemeine SS Standarte, or the Standartenfuehrer of the 8 Standarte, located in: Hirschberg, Sachsen.
    This item is the pattern introduced in mid 1937. We have discussed this insignia many, many times.

Thank you! I appreciate your input! I am in unfamiliar territory here and was not absolutely certain!

Regards,

Sam

Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!
    Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Thank you! I appreciate your input! I am in unfamiliar territory here and was not absolutely certain!

Regards,

Sam
    Such insignia is fairly common, but no less significant. Your interests are well served here, where you can reckon with a more or less fair and transparent response, unlike the sewer website, where your question with evoke a sniggering, unhelpful, and thoroughly destructive response.

Most secondary sources adhere to the dress regulations of 1934 in which the further evolution of the insignia of the Allgemeine SS is given poor or incomplete coverage.

I was re reading Angolia last night, and found some noteworthy errors in same, whereas I am still very fond of Mollo, despite its limitations of almost a half a century.

This insignia was frequently changed and gave rise to confusion among SS men as the proper configuration.

The Sturmbaender with the colored stripes for the Sturmbann (green, red, blue) were phased on in 1937, but one finds uniforms with them intact.

Thank you Friedrich. I am doing some reading and researching. I again appreciate your knowledge on the subject and will hopefully be at your level some day. I love this forum just for the facts you have stated. I am an amateur collector and have limited knowledge in many areas, but people like you have a wealth of information to draw on.... It is very much appreciated and I thank you for your time.

Regards,

Sam

Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!Your thoughts on this item!
    Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Thank you Friedrich. I am doing some reading and researching. I again appreciate your knowledge on the subject and will hopefully be at your level some day. I love this forum just for the facts you have stated. I am an amateur collector and have limited knowledge in many areas, but people like you have a wealth of information to draw on.... It is very much appreciated and I thank you for your time.

Regards,

Sam
    Thank you for the kind comment. Decades and much heartache are here, to say nothing of a heap of ducats and dinars that towers high above me.
    If such effort benefits you, then all the better. My ambition here is to enable younger collectors to understand this confusing and problematic material for their own satisfaction.