Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Colonial Headgear

Article about: Here is a rare one on Ebay right now for the Kolonial Schutztruppen :

Dear stonemint,

Very interesting threat! Thank you very much for showing! Not common visors to see. Surprising that they were often made by cord fabric or even other materials like the basket-weave visor.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Default Khak or gray?

Not sure if colonial or not, described as light khaki which would make it a colonial hat, but looks light gray...thoughts?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Colonial Headgear  Colonial Headgear  Colonial Headgear  Colonial Headgear 

Per my cross-town friend:

"This is a real rarity. An officer visor made for DSWA (blue piping) and stamped “K (Colonial Amt) 1914. Has a thin leather visor and is virtually mint condition. The German colonies of Afrika blockaded in 1914, so supplies from Germany could not reach the territories. This visor must have stayed in Germany during W.W.I

Heavy varnished buckram with two types of sewing thread. One standard thickness, the other four times thicker for the front support and buckram reinforcement. Not a moth bite – go figure."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colonial Headgear   Colonial Headgear  

Colonial Headgear   Colonial Headgear  

Colonial Headgear  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Schutztruppen NCO w/ original neck flap:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colonial Headgear   Colonial Headgear  

Colonial Headgear  

SW Afrika Schutztruppe:

Colonial Headgear  
    Last edited by stonemint; 01-04-2019 at 04:01 AM.

Schutztruppen for Togo

?

I'd be interested in knowing what unit this is attributed to
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colonial Headgear  

Schutztruppe Deutsch Südwestafrika

Colonial Headgear  

M1900 SUN HELMET "OSTASIATISCHEN EXPEDITIONSKORPS"

M1900 sun helmet "Ostasiatischen Expeditionskorps"
    Imperial M1900 sun helmet worn by an EM/NCO member of the "Ostasiatischen Expeditionskorps". Rare example for artillery troops with foldable neck protection.

Tropenhelm Pith

Black-white-red national cockade (non textbook but period time) from ripped silk with an original attached pin. M FLECK SOHN maker marked to the cardboard backing.
    Black band with red piping for artillery troops.Width: 3cm.

Size "56" marked to the green inner lining. "Ludwig Bortfeld Brehmen" maker marked sweat-band.

Colonial Headgear  

While it isnt the typical cockade seen on Südwesters and Tropenhelmen, the national cockade looks similar to what has been described elsewhere as a verein/veterans/patriotic
    Ribbon/ cockade. Maybe just a more elegant private purchase cockade?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast