Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Could anyone help ID this German Soft Cap with Visor?

Article about: Hello Folks - Unfortunately I can't find my good photo-card, but these give a bit more of a presentation of what the cap should look like. The cockade has a red felt center and a silver/whit

Default Could anyone help ID this German Soft Cap with Visor?

Yikes...., put in wrong forum, I reposted in Soft Caps forum but don't know how to delete this one.

Hello Folks -

Unfortunately I can't find my good photo-card, but these give a bit more of a presentation of what the cap should look like.

The cockade has a red felt center and a silver/white outer, the the black fabric.

The maker mark is:
    Heinrich Ehrich
    MutzenFabrikant
    FORTH b/ Nurnberg

Possibly a cap of the early Kraftfahr (Motorized) troops of the Imperial German army wore black over black Schirmmutzen with poppy red piping.

Did find this...

The fuzzy photos with red piping show the better pic of the cap as worn, while the lighter and crisper photo shows the true color.

Thanks for looking!
    - Mike

Oh..., Size 7 :-?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Could anyone help ID this German Soft Cap with Visor?   Could anyone help ID this German Soft Cap with Visor?  

Attached Images Attached Images Could anyone help ID this German Soft Cap with Visor? 
    Last edited by MikeS0000; 11-30-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Default Could anyone help ID this Imperial German Soft Cap with Visor?

Hello Folks -

Unfortunately I can't find my good photo-card, but these give a bit more of a presentation of what the cap should look like.

The cockade has a red felt center and a silver/white outer, the the black fabric.

The maker mark is:
    Heinrich Ehrich
    MutzenFabrikant
    FORTH b/ Nurnberg

Possibly a cap of the early Kraftfahr (Motorized) troops of the Imperial German army wore black over black Schirmmutzen with poppy red piping.

Did find this...

The fuzzy photos with red piping show the better pic of the cap as worn, while the lighter and crisper photo shows the true color.

Thanks for looking!
    - Mike

Oh..., Size 7 :-?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Could anyone help ID this German Soft Cap with Visor?   Could anyone help ID this German Soft Cap with Visor?  

Attached Images Attached Images Could anyone help ID this German Soft Cap with Visor? 

Mike,

This was obtained from the Kaiser's Bunker site. Though the color may be off, we may be headed in the right direction for style not necessarily the unit.

link: Eisenbahn-Regt. (Berlin) Garde-Korps Mannschaften (Other Ranks) Schirmmütze

Joel

Thank you Joel! I believe you are correct. The one kokarde certainly is in the right direction.

MAP
    ?

That is a beauty of a visor.

If it is a model 1876, I assume it wouldn't be a Kraftfahr.

Here is my Model 1907/10 Kraftfahr for comparison

WW1 Imperial Prussian Kraftfahr Visor - Oil Cloth
    Last edited by MAP; 12-01-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Gents!

I've had some feedback from another forum that it may be an "Imperial German Mining Association" cap.

Imperial German Mining Association Visor Cap - Military Antiques, Collectibles World War I, World War II, America, Germany and Japan - Griffin Militaria

There are certainly some differences but also similarities in the color and kokarde. Maybe an early version?

So, still some mystery to it....

- Mike

I forgot to add, that is an Awesome Cap!!