Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Article about: Anton, super caps ! I like the covers for your Pickelhaubes too ! your cammo band has the same markings as mine, 3rd Bavarian Army Korps 1917, great stuff, the markings in your "Dunkelb

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

To keep the thread going here is my latest find, prussian field cap.

cheers

Tony

?

Spandau,

Any markings in caps of your last post (#69)?

CCMJR

Hi CCMJR

sadly not.

here are some shots of the insides for ya.........comments welcome.

cheers

Tony

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

?

Thanks for showing. All looks in order. Markings are faint, but there.

CCMJR

?

Tony,

Imperial caps seem to have more than their share of reproductions and fakes. I have seen some very scary examples that were getting close. Fakers are smart, but like other criminals, they usually miss something or don't do their homework. Verifying a cap is more than just observing markings and period materials. There are numerous factors to take in to consideration and then to evaluate as a whole. In our rush as collectors to grab something before someone else does, it is easy to make a hasty decision. Anyone can be fooled. The goal is to avoid as many mistakes as possible. That's where our fellow collectors and our group experiences combine to teach each other and where we learn.

CCMJR

Krätzchen,Feldmütze gestempelt:Pionier Battalion 18 (Königsberg)

EUR 151.00
    $206.43
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Default Advice please

Saw this wouldn't mind some views on it, i know its a minefield

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

?

NR72,

The cap is a good example. The only comment I would make is that it appears that the inner rings of the cockades have been repainted at some point. The cockades are authentic period pieces.

CCMJR

?

I would agree with CCMJR - nice cap and a good find. The cockades appear to have had the paint touched up. They also appear to either added to the piece or removed and put back on.

?

Gents
    Two examples I'd appreciate any help on the plain one.

EricEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast