Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Article about: Anton, super caps ! I like the covers for your Pickelhaubes too ! your cammo band has the same markings as mine, 3rd Bavarian Army Korps 1917, great stuff, the markings in your "Dunkelb

what year was the kornflower bue used to denote a medics cap, ty

?

I believe it was with the new uniform regulations of September 1915. Up until that time members of the Sanitäts-komp. wore a M1908 "Dienstmütze mit Schirm" with red piping and band like the infantry, but with a visor and chinstrap. Here is what the new cap looked like, in this case, the Bavarian version. This cap, like all enlisted rank medical caps, once had a visor, which sadly is gone. The lining is still open where it once was. The cap is marked to the Sanitäts-Komp. Nr.21, attached to the 7.b.FAR.

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

?

As long as I had some of my caps out, I thought I would photograph a few more. This one is also medical related, a M908 Dienstmütze for a Krankenträger. It's marked to "B.A.XIV", which would make it a Baden cap and it has a Baden state cockade. The visor on this cap was also removed at some point, but the stitching of the opening looks to old and worn, so perhaps it was done during the period.

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

?

This is a Prussian Train (baggage & supply train) M1907 Feldmütze. It has the later "kaliblau" band and piping and is marked to the Prussian "B.A.III", headquartered in Berlin. The Train Bataillon Nr.3 was garrisoned at Spandau.

?

Bavarian M07 infantry Feldmütze marked to the Bavarian 3rd clothing depot "B.D.III" and also with a size and manufacturer's stamp.

?

This Württemberg M07 Feldmütze came out of the woodwork in Kansas. It's pretty interesting in that beside the "B.A.XIII 1916" marks, it also is marked "St.B. XIV", which I would guess stands for "Sturm-Batl.14". The skull insignia on the front came with the cap and you can see where the chin of the skull has chipped away at the cockade below. Perhaps the marking and skull are Freikorps add-ons or perhaps not. I'm not sure if the cap came back after WWI or WWII (making Freikorps a possibility) . I just have not see Freikorps caps that are marked in any way.

?

This Prussian M07 is from the Verkehrstruppen, specifically the "F.L.A.1", Feld-Luftschiffer Abteilung Nr.1. It's also manufacturer, size and corps marked "B.A.G. 1909".

Seeing this Bavarian cap is among the highlights, and BDIII the most sought marking for some research I am doing. Thank you!

?

A Prussian Jäger M07 Feldmütze marked to "K.B.A. IV", Kriegs-Bekleidungs-Amt IV.A.K. It is also stamped "I.B." for the 1st battalion, so I am guessing that this cap was worn by a member of one of the wartime formed Jäger regiments and the owner was assigned to one of the first four companies (1st Batl.) of the regiment.

?

Prussian M1917 Einheitsmütze (universal cap), marked with the manufacturer name and location, the size and "B.A.VIII 1917".

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast