Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Article about: Anton, super caps ! I like the covers for your Pickelhaubes too ! your cammo band has the same markings as mine, 3rd Bavarian Army Korps 1917, great stuff, the markings in your "Dunkelb

?

This M07 infantry cap is a bit unusual in that it is regimentally marked and also has a regimental cockade (for Hamburg). Its marked "I.R.75" and "B.A.IX".

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

?

Finally, for today here is another Württemberg infantry cap, maker and size marked with "B.A.XIII 1916" and J.R.127. I have an early war FG tunic marked to the same unit.

I have a few more if these that I haven't photographed yet and will post them when I can.

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

?

I am collecting B.D.III markings myself and have done so for quite a number of years. This cap mark is not the typical rectangular stamp with manufacturer code and date that you normally see on B.D.III marked items.

CCMJR

Quote by CCMJR View Post
    I am collecting B.D.III markings myself and have done so for quite a number of years. This cap mark is not the typical rectangular stamp with manufacturer code and date that you normally see on B.D.III marked items.

CCMJR
    I gather that somewhat, but my only examples of any are in Pickelhauben, a bayonet frog, and a camo cover for the muetze band. Bavarian I & II Armeekorps Bekleidungsamt seem to be identical to Prussian, with BAI and BA II examples noted in some tunics. BD III went into use in 1915?

Forgive me if I am screwing up my proper names on this.

rudolph, thanks for showing, it looks to be a nice "salty" model 1917 "Einheits-mutze", the cockades look to be correct for that late type cap being Officer style with cardboard black bases......the name of the material used in the construction of the cap was "Abzeichentuch" it matched the collar colour on the M1915 Bluse/tunic.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I think on closer inspection you will find that this is a Jäger cap. The green is somewhat faded in areas, but in others you can see the grass green color. Another hint is the hand marking inside indicating either the 1st battalion of a Jäger Rgt. (1./Jäg.) or the 1st Komp. of a Jäger battalion.

It also appears that the cap is gray/green and not field gray.

How about this one..........lubeck cockade and masking band..........bring back by member of the Salford Pals in 1916...acquired from the family.

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

?

I was thinking of going for this one but it looks a little too clean on the outside, do you think it's original?

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

?

Better shot of the stamps would help. Are there any marks from the cockades?

?

There aren't any cockade marks from what I can see but hopefully this is a better pic of the stamps. It's on UK ebay ORIGINAL WW1 GERMAN FELDMUTZE CAP NOT HELMET DATED 1916

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast