Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........

Article about: Hi Been ages since I bought a cap and then two come along at once.............I was at the war and peace show in the car park of kent and found these two caps to take home ..................

Default Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........

Hi

Been ages since I bought a cap and then two come along at once.............I was at the war and peace show in the car park of kent and found these two caps to take home .....................

Initial shots of them before I do some light restoration work.

cheers

Tony

Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........Finally got a feldmütze with masking band and a 1908 field cap for artillery/technical troops........

Very nice caps.

?

very nice find

@+, hughes

needs a bit of TLC ,nice find.

Just been looking a little more closely at the 1908 cap and interestingly for a fieldmütze it has been made not only with the oilskin sweatband but also with the steel band for the cap spring sown into the cap between the lining and the outer crown material. The peak is also cardboard substance not leather. It may be a private purchase.....

Also the cockade is wrong to the cap as it is stamped for the Bavarian Army...any help on the unit stamps would be appreciated.

cheers

Tony

Great score, Tony--congrats....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”