Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Im out of my depth in the ww1 hat collecting dept,please help.

Article about: Ive made a swap of low value for this what i believe to be ww1 cap,i have tried to research it on my own but can only come up with a german volunteer cap,i would appreciate help to identify

Default Im out of my depth in the ww1 hat collecting dept,please help.

Ive made a swap of low value for this what i believe to be ww1 cap,i have tried to research it on my own but can only come up with a german volunteer cap,i would appreciate help to identify it if you would be so kind,Colin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Im out of my depth in the ww1 hat collecting dept,please help.   Im out of my depth in the ww1 hat collecting dept,please help.  

Im out of my depth in the ww1 hat collecting dept,please help.   Im out of my depth in the ww1 hat collecting dept,please help.  

Im out of my depth in the ww1 hat collecting dept,please help.   Im out of my depth in the ww1 hat collecting dept,please help.  

I would say with that logo it is early Weimar era. It also appears to have Carmine piping. IMO, it is a re-badged fireman's cap.
    (the sweatband is a modern replacement).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Colin, I'm out of my depth too. but when I looked at the picture my immediate thought was post-WW1 and maybe? a veterans cap. Don't take my word for it though!

Yes, it could also be a Verein visor.
    Just to make sure, is the band black or blue velvet, and is the piping carmine?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thank you for your input,band is black velvet,piping i would describe as red possibly on the pink side of red.

I found the cap for sale a year ago on a popular auction site,this was the description given
    WW1 GERMAN ORIGINAL LANDSTURM KRAFTFAHR FELDMUTZE DRIVER OFFICERS VISOR CAP