Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Leib Husaren Busby Skull

Article about: Here is an original Husaren Busby skull . It was give to me many years ago , by the brother of a WW1 Nursing Sister . He said she gave him the skull after the war , he also gave me her duffe

CBH
    ?

Hope its get found safe and sound Kris ! One of the reasons I don't buy online , and being broke LOL .
    It's great to find a photo Helen , a very Beautiful young woman , I must say . I find it very interesting
    that this hobby we share , of collecting the war trophies of soldiers , also must included Nurses etc .
    Also I wonder if it was Helen who put the other attachment pin .
    The very best of luck with your package .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leib Husaren  Busby Skull   Leib Husaren  Busby Skull  

Tought I added a new post as I finaly got my latest skull friday....
    Probably did something wrong in my hurry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leib Husaren  Busby Skull  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

CBH
    ?

That's great that it arrived safe and sound Kris ! It would have been sad if such a great item was lost in mail . Also I love the Peaked Cap , please do a photo of each item if you have the time . Also what is the skull ? Great Group !
    Cheers Chris

Hey Chris,
    yes, the letter was returned to sender due to a mistake by my postman(women...!) and send back again (to me !). It then stayed 3 days with customs of the departing country and that country is part of the EU zone....??
    The longer it stays in postal circuit the bigger the chances are it gets lost. 3 weeks it took to get it here!
    And not only that parcel I had problems with 2 others as well.
    Just told my wife that the tracking service is no good to me, the momment you see it going wrong there is nothing you can do. You just have to sit there watch and wait....
    The fastest I ever got a parcel was the day after it was send from the south of France.
    So one wunders why it takes longer then that most of the time.
    Enough about postal annoyance.
    The skull was just stated genuine by Tony (without Kaiser).
    cfr Tony; "They are made from cast zinc and quite crude. As a result they are quite heavy, and 66 mm in height. It was 1st worn on the M1867 Kepi Totenkopf for the Braunschweig Infantry Leib-Battalion. On 28 Nov 1872, Braunschweigisches Infanterie-Regt. adopted the Preußen M1860 Jáger Tschako ."
    I only have one picture of one in my files, one I saved from the history shop annoucement page , a while ago. I' ll try to find it.
    And I'll post better pictures of each item asap.

cheers
    |<ris

CBH
    ?

Here is a photo I got from the internet , I don't know if I shared it before . Hope you like it .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leib Husaren  Busby Skull  

I sure like it!
    But thise is a older type.

cheers
    |<ris

CBH
    ?

Just giving this a bump, for a friend.

Ahaaaarghhhh, I am dying!
    ;-)

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks Chris
    I guess I did see it before but it's such a great piece it's worth looking
    at again.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CBH
    ?

Everything old is new again, and I love sharing this item with those who appreciate it.
    Great story and I may try and add some to it now that you brought it back to my attention.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast