Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

LHR-TK (Danziger) Leib-Husaren Headgear

Article about: Here are 2 very rare Husaren visor caps from the advanced collection of a friend of mine. This one is for Leib-Husaren Regt. Nr.1 Danzig/Langfuhr) XVII Armee Korps

Maker is Georg Bornschein of Dusseldorf:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LHR-TK (Danziger) Leib-Husaren Headgear   LHR-TK (Danziger) Leib-Husaren Headgear  

LHR-TK (Danziger) Leib-Husaren Headgear   LHR-TK (Danziger) Leib-Husaren Headgear  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Pre-1898 LHR1 by Prediger of Wunstorf:
    Attached Images Attached Images LHR-TK (Danziger) Leib-Husaren Headgear  LHR-TK (Danziger) Leib-Husaren Headgear  LHR-TK (Danziger) Leib-Husaren Headgear 

LHR2 (skull is a Berlin Hoard piece).
    Credit: timp_be
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LHR-TK (Danziger) Leib-Husaren Headgear   LHR-TK (Danziger) Leib-Husaren Headgear  

This could be a verein visor.
    (TK is definitely a replacement--it is a Berlin Hoard piece).

Pre-1898 LHR2 Officer:

LHR1 Reserve officer missing the Danziger skull and Reichs cockade:

LHR1 Officer by Robrecht of Kiel:

LHR-TK (Danziger) Leib-Husaren Headgear   LHR-TK (Danziger) Leib-Husaren Headgear  

LHR1 NCO
    (cwi)

All black cloth hat with white piping. Center band is black velvet. Single Prussian cockade on center band. Skull and cross bones mounted on upper panel. Small black fiber bill in front. Interior has sweat leather with is broken in many places due to age. Interior of hat has ribbed cloth. Handwritten name inside hat has been inked out. Rare and unusual hat. PROVENANCE: The Doug Buhler Collection of Rare and Spectacular German Imperial Headgear and Pickelhauben. CONDITION: Excellent inside and out. No mothing or damage. Leather bill shows areas of breakage due to dryness but is otherwise in excellent condition. Silver skull appears to be original but may be replacement. 51586-65 RT

LHR2 feldgrau Officer:
    938.00 USD

Last edited by stonemint; 08-27-2018 at 04:00 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast