Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?

Article about: Hi All, Need some help wondering if this is military related, looks to be pre WW1 german, any thoughts or help is appreciated, thank you!

Exclamation Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?

Hi All,
    Need some help wondering if this is military related, looks to be pre WW1 german, any thoughts or help is appreciated, thank you!
    Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?

It is the cap from a fraternity in a university. I do not know which one.

Mützen - Otto Wesely OHG - Studentenartikel

According to a list at Wikipedia the emblem could be from the 'Burschenschaft Normannia zu Leipzig' or its sibling organisation 'Burschenschaft Normannia-Leipzig zu Marburg'. Both were founded in 1868 and they are still existing.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

What Heinrich Mann and the DEFA had to say about such headwear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSyEwZ7Zg5c

Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?Where I studied, all though briefly, and without such headwear.

I think it was given as a Christmas gift from one member of the fraternity to another in 1932, but I am not really positive on that one.

".....Mit der Seidenfutterstickerei gibt es keine Verwechslungen mehr. Couleurname, Rezeptionsdatum, Burschungsdatum und andere Informationen als Stickerei im "Deckel" sind nun einmal haltbarer als Kugelschreiber...."Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?

Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?I collect this kind of cap from 1932 or so.

- - ------- - -

photo courtesy of Jenkins.

Oh I would gladly trade this cap for that one ha-ha. I think I will pass on it since it is not military related.thank you for the fast help

Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?Need Help Pillbox Cap military or ?
    Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Oh I would gladly trade this cap for that one ha-ha. I think I will pass on it since it is not military related.thank you for the fast help
    What you don't say. Happy hats.