Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original German Artillery cap?

Article about: Thank you in advance for all your help Gentlemen I am looking to purchase this ....a German WW1 Artillery cap. I see no red flags myself but your opinions are very welcome and make all the d

Default Original German Artillery cap?

Thank you in advance for all your help Gentlemen
    I am looking to purchase this ....a German WW1 Artillery cap. I see no red flags myself but your opinions are very welcome and make all the difference.
    Thanks Matt

Original German Artillery cap?Original German Artillery cap?Original German Artillery cap?Original German Artillery cap?Original German Artillery cap?Original German Artillery cap?Original German Artillery cap?

MAP
    ?

I'm not so sure about this. Personally I have a number of questions so will leave the authentication to others who know. I does not resemble any WW1 visor I've seen.

I am not aware of 1st World War visors having chinstraps. And the shape is more typical of the WW2 Saddleform.

Happy to be 100% wrong.

Have you seen this link before?

Dunkleblau Cloth Headgear
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thanks for the feedback ...I will have a look through some period photographs.
    regards Matt

?

It look good to me, yes they has straps.