Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please id prussian visor cap

Article about: Hi, could someone help in ID this hat. It was sold as an Artillery or Reservist Prussian cap. Is that correct? Is it authentic? If so, how much is it worth? Thanks!

?

Default Please id prussian visor cap

Hi, could someone help in ID this hat. It was sold as an Artillery or Reservist Prussian cap. Is that correct?
    Is it authentic? If so, how much is it worth?
    Thanks!

Prussian kraftfahr battalion...Looks authentic to me

?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Prussian kraftfahr battalion...Looks authentic to me
    Thanks! Any idea of a fair price for it?

These hats were worn by "technical troops" which consisted of the following: Artillerie (Artillery), Pioniere (Engineers) and Verkehrstruppen (Transportation Troops). These included all Eisenbahn (Railway), Telegraphen (Telegraph), Flieger (Flying), Luftschiffer (Balloon and Zeppelin).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    These hats were worn by "technical troops" which consisted of the following: Artillerie (Artillery), Pioniere (Engineers) and Verkehrstruppen (Transportation Troops). These included all Eisenbahn (Railway), Telegraphen (Telegraph), Flieger (Flying), Luftschiffer (Balloon and Zeppelin).
    Thanks. But do you mean that all those different technical troops wore this caps with the same insignias on them? So you couldn't tell from which branch the one in the pictures use to be?

No way to tell by the hat alone.
    Obviously, when worn with the uniform, the tunic insignia would allow one to tell what branch they were associated with.

Also, it appears that the black band was applied over the red band, which means that the original wearer was attached to the infantry, and then transferred to one of the Technical branches.

?

Thanks a lot for the info. Very interesting indeed. I found this hat in a flee market and just fell in love with it. I have no knowledge whatsoever regarding pre-WWII Militaria. The guy asked 120€ for it and I thought it was worth it. I took it home, now I just wanna know what did I actually buy.

As far as value...these are all over the place, but Paul Hogle has a decent one that is similar(without the added black band) for $249.95, if that's any indicator. I'd say for 120€ you did pretty Good!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

You might take a look through this thread-it could be of interest to you.
    Pre-1914 Landwehrverein Visors
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast