Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880

Article about: Hello everyone, It has finelly arrived. my precious. I want to make this thread a very great one so I will provide all that I think I know about it and perhaps you could tell me more? It see

?

Default Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880

Hello everyone,

It has finelly arrived. my precious.

I want to make this thread a very great one so I will provide all that I think I know about it and perhaps you could tell me more?

It seems to be a Prussian 1880 cap that was owned by Franz Gustav Bergmann -who was in service from 1881 to 1883- and that hat size is 57/58.

It has its Box which is a thing in its self. With its sticker still on it.
    Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880

The service book;
    It has dates on it from 1861, could this be his date of birth? I think so.
    I can also notice alot of the first pages have been cut out.
    (excuse amount of photos of the same page and some being red, camera is acting up)
    Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880

The cap,
    The has sufferd from some moths lightly, the liner has sufferd alot aswell, but its an amazing cap. I have added a photo of the maker in the lining, does anyone know anything about it?
    Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880

Best regards,
    Pat

Default Re: Preussische Schirmmütze um 1880

Patrick, I am glad it finally got there... and it is looking greater than on the website! Congrats with your new hat!

PS: The box is pretty cool too
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Patrick...super cap with provenance, always nice to put a name to an object, I would not worry about the damage, it is slight, and to be expected on a item well over 120 yrs old ! The military passes are nice things in their own right to collect, kept at the Garrison admin office at all times during the soldiers service and returned to him when demobbed....notoriously difficult to read as they are written the old style known as Sutterlin script, see here for information on this script Sütterlin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .....well done !
    Prost ! Steve.

Great item!!
    I love them too with all those additional items with info!
    It fills in a great deal of the questions we usualy have when looking at our stuff!
    Way to go! I thinks that will become a "keeper"!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

KSH
    ?

Fantastic my friend!! A splendid addition to your collection!

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

That is fantastic, great find.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Very good cap with a known owner and his service book, wonderful addition to any collection

I used to own a few of these caps and one of these service books (& other docs to the same man), but as with many items, they are long gone
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Top notch friend.

Great find, Patrick! Well done.

Regards

Hi Pat,

As already said great find. The inside of the cap reads :

under the crown motif :
    military cap maker
    F Hausen
    Torgau.............a little town on the Elbe.

If you are lucky the paperwork may indicate that either the man came from near there or the regt he was in may be based there.

Nice cap

tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast